PDA

View Full Version : djm 250

mantis
04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I really want to get a new mixer but since i got divorced over a year ago, i have been broke. Being the responsible divorced father and boyfriend to a younger girl, i cant spend money on myself as much anymore. I have been looking at many cheaper options, and was looking at the vestax pmc 280- but hausgeist made me see that its perhaps not such a good mixer as it seems. The reviews seems a little off putting.

Im a club dj and dont care too much about having a very expensive setup at home. I just want a setup where i can practice my club sets at home and try mimic it as much as posible as it would be at the club. Most if not all clubs here use djm 800 to 2000 mixers.

I like to have effects, but dont really need all of them. I like using colouring effects and high low pass filters like on the djm 800 / 2000.

I like to record my mixes, so thats important (which the vestax apparently dont have).

I saw the djm 250 and I can probably afford this. It would fit well in with my cdj 800 and it seems ok enough.

Anyone have any review on these? Are they ok?

any advice - good or bad will do. Im not a gear whore.

oh yes- and im a cd only dj. no dvs no midi - just cd

Hausgeist
04-05-2012, 07:34 AM
My gripe about the 280 is that it only has a master out. The djm-250 is the same way. Aside from the 280, the only multiple channel mixers with effects (within your price range) would be the Numark x9 (or dxm09) and the Behringer ddm4000. IMO either of those would be fine for home use. The 280 would probably work for you as well, as long as you can deal with recording and broadcasting via the master.

mantis
04-05-2012, 08:18 AM
but the ddm4000 is still a little more expensive over here than the djm250. Makes a big difference for a poor guy like me. But I am going to look into those too, cause i can probably get it cheaper. After speaking to you, I realised that I should really look into it more carefully as I never even thought about those aspects.

mantis
04-05-2012, 08:19 AM
the djm250 is so cheap and i can find them here anywhere. Half the price of the 280 which makes it much more attractive to me.

Hausgeist
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Here is another thought. Your current vmx-300 has a send/return loop, so why not just pick up a used Pioneer efx-500? I am not sure about China, but where I am they generally run around $175-200. Again, this is for home use at relatively low levels on monitors or whatever speakers you are using and recording, so imo the whole "diminished sound quality" argument doesn't wash in this case. What is going to happen to a vmx signal running though a Pioneer dsp?

I am trying to think of some options for you to expand without breaking the bank.

Of course, maybe you could just ditch the girlfriend and then buy whatever you want...:zany:

evil-c
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
love my 250. basic. great value . all you "really" need to get in the mix. :)

mantis
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
ditching the GF will save me tons of cash every month, but then I have to deal with one night stands to get my man needs taken care of - and that can become a problem too. Your suggestion (about the effects unit) is a good one - im going to check it out. Sound quality isnt an issue for me

mantis
04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
love my 250. basic. great value . all you "really" need to get in the mix. :)

how about the difference between the djm400 and the 250. you think its worth it to get the 250 instead? how do you deal with recording?