PDA

View Full Version : Presonus Studio One v2

Mike Raunchy
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
So I did the comparisons, read online, downloaded some demos, talked to sales people, and flipped some coins while looking for a DAW that fit my workflow (along with Maschine) and decided on Presonus Studio One v2 Pro. I love the simplicity and the fact that I can do the whole project from start to finish including mastering and dithering. Has anyone else tried it? Thoughts and/or opinions?

DJ Watty
02-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Studio One V2 is ok.

I like presonus in general.

I prefer Cubase or Ableton

ezelkow1
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I own the artist version, grabbed it during their namm 20$ deal in case i ever wanted a cheap upgrade. So Ive only messed around with it a little bit. I did like it though. Seemed like it put everything you need right in front of you and tried to strip away most of the unused cruft that has built up in other daws. Wasnt enough to get me to switch from ableton, but for a standard daw workflow I liked it

robmixx
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I was about to start a thread on Studio One Pro v. 2. It's good for deejays too. You can record a mix and open it in the project page and add track markers and burn disc at once with separate tracks in a continuous mix. It's excellent for a deejay who produces. Easy sampling, editing, and recording. Peace be with you........Rob Mixx

Mike Raunchy
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
It seems kind of like a sleeper DAW. Rob I just used it for the first time last night to burn a mix. I have to read some more of the manual because I need to figure out how to raise and lower certain spikes and drops in the mix. Yes I monitored the levels while mixing but there is a wide variety of recordings and the sound wasn't always the same as the perceived sound level on the meters. Cool, glad to know others are checking it out and/or using it. My friend thinks I'm crazy because I didn't really dig Abelton that much, I tried to, it just wasn't for me. My next step was gonna be Pro Tools but I already have a decent interface and as far as the value and features went it looked like Presonus was a good alternative. Thanks for the replies.