02-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi there,
I'm a part-time mobile DJ and my gear consists on:
one Yamaha P5000s amp,
one Yamaha P7000s amp,
one pair of Yamaha S215V Club Series,
one pair of Yamaha SW118V Club Series V 18" Subwoofers,
one Yamaha MG82C mixer (no effects).

Next month I'll have to organize a 650 people venue at a banquet hall with DJ music and some singers live performance (karaoke style). I'm looking to upgrade the mixer to another one that has effects on it plus more inputs and also I'm dealing with the ideea of buying a second pair of Yamaha S215V Club Series speakers (and maybe a second P7000S amp for them) to install at the back of the room.
The dance floor has a rectangular shape (150 feet long x 30 feet wide).
What would be your recomandation on the purchace and setup?

Thanks.

Sween
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi there,
one Yamaha P5000s amp,
one Yamaha P7000s amp,

Next month I'll have to organize a 650 people venue at a banquet hall with DJ music and some singers live performance (karaoke style). I'm looking to upgrade the mixer to another one that has effects on it plus more inputs and also I'm dealing with the ideea of buying a second pair of Yamaha S215V Club Series speakers (and maybe a second P7000S amp for them) to install at the back of the room.

Thanks.

My first suggestion would be to get someone to rearrange the floor plan to something more like this...

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/futurescapes/DanceFloor1.jpg

And perhaps then you would not need the speakers at the rear of the room. The current floor plan is just going to piss people off who are at a table that is too close to you... or dancers who are too far away from you.

Sir
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
My first suggestion would be to get someone to rearrange the floor plan to something more like this...

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/futurescapes/DanceFloor1.jpg

And perhaps then you would not need the speakers at the rear of the room. The current floor plan is just going to piss people off who are at a table that is too close to you... or dancers who are too far away from you.

I totally agree with you but unfortunately the configuration of the room cannot be changed

I totally agree with you but unfortunately the configuration of the room cannot be changed due some local limitations. The mixer has to be upgraded for sure and I'm still thinking at the additional speakers and maybe the second P7000s amp.
Thx

DJMC
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM
wow -- you really love Yamaha don't you?

DJMC is a Sacramento Wedding DJ (http://www.dj-mc.com) who specializes in non-cheesy receptions and private events.

Sir
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
What's wrong with Yamaha?

Sween
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't see the problem using Yamaha, although you do seem to be a fan...

I think you're going to end up with dancers piled up in the front anyhow... That is a terrible floor plan.

I would definitely get some speakers going in the rear, but I'd keep the subs up front. Put the speakers facing inward in a criss-cross pattern to reduce extreme volume on the tables and keep it on the dancefloor.

Like this...

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/futurescapes/DanceFloor3.jpg

Sir
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't see the problem using Yamaha, although you do seem to be a fan...

I think you're going to end up with dancers piled up in the front anyhow... That is a terrible floor plan.

I would definitely get some speakers going in the rear, but I'd keep the subs up front. Put the speakers facing inward in a criss-cross pattern to reduce extreme volume on the tables and keep it on the dancefloor.

Like this...

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/futurescapes/DanceFloor3.jpg

What kind of wired or wireless solution you’ll recommend to setup a second pair of Yamaha S215V Club Series in the rear?

Sween
02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Wired XLR to powered speakers would be my recommendation.

Wireless is GOING to drop out on you in a room that big unless you've got something really powerful... and even if it works during setup, it might drop out once the floor is full. Also you risk interference with wireless. I use a AT-3000 and still get drop outs with rooms full of people. Also you would need two wirelesses going on different channels if you want stereo.

I also would avoid using powered speakers unless you have room for an amp rack at the rear of the room as well.

Sir
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Wired XLR to powered speakers would be my recommendation.

Wireless is GOING to drop out on you in a room that big unless you've got something really powerful... and even if it works during setup, it might drop out once the floor is full. Also you risk interference with wireless. I use a AT-3000 and still get drop outs with rooms full of people. Also you would need two wirelesses going on different channels if you want stereo.

I also would avoid using powered speakers unless you have room for an amp rack at the rear of the room as well.

There is room for an amp rack. I will use the second pair of Yamaha S215V Club Series in the rear and the Yamaha P7000S amp. What size of wire I should use as the distance from the front to the back end of the room is aprox 150 feet?

windspeed36
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
what ohm load are the speakers? i'd be thinking somewhere around 8-10AWG

Sir
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
what ohm load are the speakers? i'd be thinking somewhere around 8-10AWG

4 ohms

see specs here

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/live_sound/speakers/passive_speakers/concert_club_v_series/s215v/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup

MrDJ
02-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi there,
one Yamaha P5000s amp,
one Yamaha P7000s amp,

Thanks.

Did you use a program to design that setup? If so, what was it?

Sir
02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Did you use a program to design that setup? If so, what was it?

No program just personal reading.

Sir
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I ordered the second pair of speakers, the amp and the new mixer so my gear looks like this:

one Yamaha P5000s amp,
two Yamaha P7000s amps,
two pairs of Yamaha S215V Club Series,
one Yamaha MC166CX mixer

Does anybody know what can be the max length for speaker cables (10 gauges)? Can I use 125 feet long cables for the rear speakers?

Thx

USDJ
02-13-2012, 02:05 AM
I ordered the second pair of speakers, the amp and the new mixer so my gear looks like this:

one Yamaha P5000s amp,
two Yamaha P7000s amps,
two pairs of Yamaha S215V Club Series,
one Yamaha MC166CX mixer

Does anybody know what can be the max length for speaker cables (10 gauges)? Can I use 125 feet long cables for the rear speakers?

Thx

Can you get the amp to the back of the room. Sween suggested powered speakers for the back, I agree. Now you bought another amp and S115V's, so that's what we have to work with. Yes, you <can> run 125 feet of 10 gage back to the speakers, however there's going to be some line loss. You would be far better off to set that amp up in the back of the room, and run balanced cable to it.