PDA

View Full Version : I want to teach the world to mix!

Jimanee
04-04-2012, 05:39 AM
In my dreams I would like to educate everyone in the Techniques and principles of fine DJing.

I would like them to take pride in what they did, i would want them push each transition for what it's worth, knowing that every time yours and a clubs reputation is on the line.

Then I want them to play a 6 hour set, full of requesterstors, tough crowds, wannabe MCs and pounding volumes. To experience the crushing lows of clearing a dance floor and the nervous elation when the whole club kicks off.

They could chill afterwards at the club, have some drinks, yet still be unable to sleep till 6 am due to the adrenaline still coursing through their veins.

I would force them to do this three nights in a row till it leaves them a mumbling wreck four days later, I want them to try and hide in a darkened room with a ringing head and ears, a burning pain in every joint of the arms, legs and back and with a numb jaw from shout outs .

Then I would torture them with the sounds of car alarms, lawnmowers and drills; I would bother them with household chores, unnecessary car journeys and then I would drag them out to a pub or another club, moaning how I don't get out that much.

Yep whilst they sat there with a thousand yards stare, sipping at drink they don't want, writhing in back pain on an uncomfortable chair, I would whinge at them for not being more fun.

I would do this because then they would know how it feels the bastards :argh:

Leave me alone on Sundays :argh:

cyberphox
04-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Not sure I understand..but ok

KLH
04-04-2012, 06:42 AM
What Jimanee is referring to is how living the life of a club DJ isn't as glamorous as some might think that it is. Like anything else, when you start out you have to put in your time. If you make it through that period (usually 24 months), you earn the respect of more experienced club DJs. Until then, you're a rookie.

Take 'em to the chorus, Jimanee.

-KLH

Jimanee
04-04-2012, 06:57 AM
lol no dammit, it's about how ordinary people have no idea of how stressful and exhausting DJing can be, I've had over 20 different jobs, none of which f*ck you as much as the above.

It's about my gf insisting on me going to a pub or club the next day, not understanding that it's like going to work on my day off (ie. the last thing I want to do).

I just thought it be funny to wrap this idea around the cutesy thought of teaching the world to mix, my bad, sorries.