PDA

View Full Version : The official ideas for DJF thread

KLH
10-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Here it is, everyone. This is the official thread for ideas for DJF. That means new ideas, improvements to what exists, or removing categories or policies... it's all on the table for discussion. So bring it DJF. Let's get this place where it needs to be.

Bring it.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a2ef682892627c160913e0add73276d3/tumblr_inline_nivaw3a6ue1qjhl77.gif

Summarized ideas:

1. Create a better front page
2. Focus on cultivating and keeping members
3. Better (ahem) moderation
4. Improve social features

andymunro
10-24-2015, 05:08 PM
News needs to be news

Last article submitted: by Andrew B Published on 01-30-2014 11:01 PM

It surely puts potential new users off signing up on the forum.

KLH
10-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Ahem... Yeah.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/827/262/2b0.gif

... keep 'em coming!

pete
10-25-2015, 02:26 AM
The site has been quiet for a good few years now. I'm sure it has been discussed at length.
There are admins and moderators that rarely visit the site and even rarer, post threads.
Everyone is guilty, but at some point decisions have to be made.
Getting regular posters, or fans of genre to do some more curation could help.
Or it can continue as it is, so be it. It is what it is.

Baller95
10-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Hammer down harder on the EDM bashers. Most younger people that join here are into EDM but get put down quickly and don't return. I survived because I never liked EDM when I joined lol.

We could also definately do with this (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?47880-Member-name-use-notification) and an update with the soundcloud embedded widget. The one on here is so outdated!

andymunro
10-25-2015, 04:32 PM
New articles definitely, most recent: Published on 09-30-2003 03:42 PM

I can imagine 99% of potential new users didn't know what DJing was back then!:eek:

REVIEWS RSS Feed

There is no content in this section

So basically just content for the front pages would be great, because other than the forum the rest of the site is actually redundant.

andymunro
11-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Is there anything possibly in the works going on behind the scenes?

KLH
12-14-2015, 03:13 PM
There are always rumors...

fueledbymusic
12-28-2015, 01:21 AM
My opinion for ideas is to make:
"Sticky" strictly for major serious DJ, 5000 people venues.
"sticky" for medium level, like school or proms.
"sticky" for strictly the average small party DJs. YES, I DO KNOW, there is a beginners thread. And budget appreciation thread. So NO NEED for stickies here, :ussmug:

So a sticky ONLY for DJs who are dead SERIOUS about DJing "Major DJ who do 5000 people business DJs". Own equipment costing SERIOUS money. Since they know all about what it takes to do 5000 people. That way, the serious DJ can just STAY there. And not recommend ridiculously priced equipment to small party DJs without realizing they only want to DJ in their room or just simply beginning.

And a sticky for the "medium business DJs. Has a small one person business so to speak. School or prom, business party holiday etc. And knows alot about the good equipment that is NOT ridiculously priced for the school or business parties he mostly does.

It's because it gets confusing for a typical someone, especially when they are new. When the SERIOUS DJs recommends a typical small party new DJs $15000 equipment. When they only need a pair of EV 12Ps, Numark N7 and a couple of lights

That's just me.

KLH
12-28-2015, 07:32 AM
^ Good ideas in there. Thanks!

niarta
01-12-2016, 05:14 PM
can we get some new admins?

please?

Baller95
01-12-2016, 06:45 PM

please?

Meeeee :P

KLH
01-24-2016, 09:45 AM
can we get some new admins? please?
We're working on it...

Dix
01-29-2016, 03:10 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread to get it back to the top of the mix (new posts).

I'm with KLH. Any & all ideas are welcome & encouraged.

Give us your top 5 issues with the site. Not only things that will help the site but, what do you think has hurt the site. What can be done to add to or take away to make the site better, more interesting & grow?

Post'em up & lets talk about'em.

fueledbymusic
01-29-2016, 10:39 PM
We need a sticky in the speaker/ amps forum:

All about QSC
All about JBL
All about EV All this is just my opinion

It seems to me, practically every day I (that's just me) open these forums. I see a new thread:
example: QSC #1 vs QSC #2.
example: JBL #1 vs QSC #1,
example: EV #1 vs EV #2.
QSC, JBL, EV seem to be the most common brands I see new threads about. Almost everyday. (that's me though)

A sticky for those brands. Like the sticky that's all about BFM tubas (The return of the BFM thread)

A sticky for "all about QSC, JBL etc" So that way we won't get a new thread practically everyday about a QSC, JBL, EV etc

Just my opinion

Dix
01-31-2016, 01:24 PM

please?

Done........ One down many to go.

TheRabbitMonk
01-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Video section, video mixes, interesting vids about djing etc.

There is also a leave page thing flashing up when you try and change page now, even if you have written nothing to post. Is this new because it only did this when you had something in the comment field?

Dix
01-31-2016, 02:42 PM
Video section, video mixes, interesting vids about djing etc.
We can certainly discuss this.

There is also a leave page thing flashing up when you try and change page now, even if you have written nothing to post. Is this new because it only did this when you had something in the comment field?
I'm not sure this is a site option. Since I have been using Windows 10, I have been seeing this more & more on various sites whether forums or just some web pages.

TheRabbitMonk
01-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Not the end of the world the leave page thing, just click leave page and move on.

If my memory serves me i owe you an apology for an outburst a few months ago.

sorry something just got my back up.

Dix
01-31-2016, 02:57 PM
If my memory serves me i owe you an apology for an outburst a few months ago.

sorry something just got my back up.

I dont seem to remember that so, must'a not been an issue. If there was an issue, I am sure I was ok with the outcome. Rarely do I leave an issue until its resolved. Once its resolved, its history. :)

mix4fix
02-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Clean up OT.

KLH
02-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Clean up OT.
Care to elaborate?

JonAvalon
02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Revamping the battle forum is something I wanted to do since I took over the duties. But like Stripe and J, I am also not that involved in the community anymore so moving forward with ideas hasn't been on my priority list. I'm still alive and able to post up battles but I'll be looking for a new battle mod to take over. I realize it's been pretty quiet in there but I think with a little tweaking we can get it active again.

Usta_B_aDJ
02-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Revamping the battle forum is something I wanted to do since I took over the duties. But like Stripe and J, I am also not that involved in the community anymore so moving forward with ideas hasn't been on my priority list. I'm still alive and able to post up battles but I'll be looking for a new battle mod to take over. I realize it's been pretty quiet in there but I think with a little tweaking we can get it active again.

I can say for 100% Sure that the battle forum needs more activity ... Both in actual battles and others getting involved enough to take time to listen and vote .... Not sure yet how that will happen .... But a active Battle Forum could be the element needed to draw more people here and indeed make that section thrive ....I'm sure it's not just me that thinks a thriving battle forum would be a very interesting thing ?

I know i have lot's of opinion about it i would like to share ...but right now i need to go do LIFE stuff ....But i will add more later :)

Rek_Aviles
02-02-2016, 03:12 PM
I can say for 100% Sure that the battle forum needs more activity ... Both in actual battles and others getting involved enough to take time to listen and vote .... Not sure yet how that will happen .... But a active Battle Forum could be the element needed to draw more people here and indeed make that section thrive ....I'm sure it's not just me that thinks a thriving battle forum would be a very interesting thing ?

I know i have lot's of opinion about it i would like to share ...but right now i need to go do LIFE stuff ....But i will add more later :)

The Battle forum is the reason I joined DJF back in 03 and it was live back then.

Getting members to listen and comment on the battles is up the the members themselves and that's been lacking the last few yrs. There are only a handful who even visit that forum so it's been quiet on both call-outs and voting.

Maybe if we have some way of promoting the battles on the main forum when a thread is posted - and I don't mean a thread with a re-direct link. More like an announcement when a battle is open for voting.

JonAvalon
02-02-2016, 03:19 PM
The Battle forum is the reason I joined DJF back in 03 and it was live back then.

Ah the good old days, I can't believe we have been here since then :eek:.

Dix
02-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for posting the last few posts. Thats the kind of things we are looking for... something to improve & regenerate life back into DJF. Personally, as most of you know, I am primarily a wedding DJ & not a club DJ at all. So, I don't really mix, so its not something I know a lot about. I think Ken would be of more help on that subject but its guys like you that really get in there, create & push the battles that will generate the interest for the others.

I'll do what I can to help you guys with the forum end of it in any way I can.

Again, we really appreciate the interest & feedback.

Interracial Tea
02-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I was actually thinking about this the other day and didn't know this thread was here. I was just going to PM you guys, hah.

I think my idea of what DJF should be is an open place to discuss all things DJing. I want to see different types of DJs post here (wedding, club, bedroom, etc.) and help each other out because right now I feel like DJF consists of people who don't DJ regularly offering bad advice to people who want to learn.

I think the biggest thing is that there needs to be stricter mods. Some of these users should have been banned a long ass time ago because they contributed absolutely nothing to the conversation. They'd just talk shit about other users when they themselves offer nothing to the forum. It's part of the reason why the music forums (especially the Hip Hop forum) are dead. You weren't allowed to talk about most stuff happening in Hip Hop unless it happened to be about some underground rapper that not many people know about. You couldn't talk about anything popular because this entire website has the mindset that you're not allowed to like anything popular, no matter how good it may be. Lastly, this is a small thing that bugged me, but over the last year I'd see threads in the wrong section. So many threads in General Discussion that should have been moved to something like the Beginners section.

Second thing I'd really like is there to be more tutorials and helpful posts on the main page dedicated to tutorials, advice to beginners, industry news, interviews, etc. We were on the right path a couple years ago but that fell apart because no one could dedicate themselves to do it. I'd love to help start this (as well as get DJF as a brand out there via social media).

Third, I think Faderwave should stop doing the live stream and should become a podcast. They should also be more open to different types of DJs and not be strictly a dance music stream. Remember back then where the only type of music that would be played on FW would be Progressive House, uplifting Trance, and whatever sub-genre of Trance? That shit sucked.

Battle Forum was cool but I do think it needs to be revamped. I don't know how since it was never my thing.

Oooh another idea I just had. I really liked this idea on the forum that I was on and for a while I was pushing J to do this. For like $5 to $10, let users change other users avatars/text (under the username where it says Member). Obviously make sure it's site appropriate but god damn you'd make so much money if there was a terrible user on the site. You could also charge like $30 to add an emoticon.

All about QSC
All about JBL

It seems to me, practically every day I (that's just me) open these forums. I see a new thread:
QSC, JBL, EV seem to be the most common brands I see new threads about. Almost everyday. (that's me though)

A sticky for those brands. Like the sticky that's all about BFM tubas (The return of the BFM thread)

A sticky for "all about QSC, JBL etc" So that way we won't get a new thread practically everyday about a QSC, JBL, EV etc

Just my opinion

One of the forums I frequent is huge on the mega threads so there's a lot of mega threads for specific things. For example in their politics section they'll have a thread strictly for US politics, another thread for Canadian politics, etc. Their production forum has threads dedicated to beginners, Ableton, Hip Hop production, Dance music production, and so on. It works really well on that forum, keeps the site pretty clean, and could work for the lighting and speaker sections as long as there is a general thread for asking general questions.

Care to elaborate?

Clean up OT.

It's trash and full of political posts that only cause trouble. Keep it to a megathread and brand it as the "ALL YOUR SHITTY POLITICAL POSTS GO HERE" thread

Usta_B_aDJ
02-03-2016, 05:43 AM
It's trash and full of political posts that only cause trouble. Keep it to a megathread and brand it as the "ALL YOUR SHITTY POLITICAL POSTS GO HERE" thread

I second this ....OT should be a fun place for people to have a laugh and bond over fun topics .... Politics has no place here as it causes division....I would like to see more UNITY :)

KLH
02-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Great feedback guys. Keep it up.

Usta_B_aDJ
02-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Great feedback guys. Keep it up.

Ok ...to follow on from my above post regarding the battle Forum and DJF in general .

Usta goes to do life stuff

Ok I'm BACK ..... Maybe some kind of ( Bragging rights only ) coveted Award / Prize for winners and runners up ?.... Kinna like a reward system in a video game or an XP rank ?
It's like " Digital Crack " for gamer's and makes them want to battled more ....Might sound stupid to some .... But it works.

Getting people involved in judging and commenting is a bit more tricky .... Can't make people do thing's .... But having more Battlers than judges needs to be changed some how ..Maybe 10 random members selected to be Battle judges with a roll and a fun badge that reads "BJ" Under "Member" in post profile ?... Again this might sound daft to some .... But it's fun and will help people get involved .... And can you imagine the fun we could have with " BJ'S"? LOLZ ....Maybe the badge of honor thing could also work for the winners and runners up ...as a i kind of Status symbol ?.... Maybe passed winners could judge ?

Maybe a new revamped format for Battles .... It's a little bit all over the place ....I know that time is an issue for a lot of people here so mix times have to be short ...Attention spans have shrunk over the last 10 years or so .... So i see why we have to have short mixes .... But maybe a bit more relaxed on Genre and equipment used ....I know it's been moving in that direction already .... But I'm talking about a one stop format kinna Sticky / rules change that will suit more people and open up battles to a bigger group of DJ's.

I know for a fact we have members here who could make this work .... With the right kind of promotion via " Social media " (as someone else pointed out) it could be a huge draw for people wanting to get involved in this forum.

I have an idea that i think could work to blow the battle forum and this whole forum up .... it could be huge ( Usta has friends in very high places ;) ) .... but i want to sit on it for just a bit and see what happens here.

I know this forum is in transition atm and the new admins need to get to grips with things.... But this is the perfect time to shape what we already have into something HUGE.

lets hear from the rest of you :)

andymunro
02-03-2016, 11:25 AM
I like your ideas for the battle forum! I'm trying to get more involved in that now I've got more free time.

Seeing a post on another thread has just made me thought, how about having this forum linked to a DJ tech news site that doesn't already have a forum? I ran a forum years ago that we linked to a record shop to help increase the traffic for both of us.

Rek_Aviles
02-03-2016, 11:57 AM
I like your ideas for the battle forum! I'm trying to get more involved in that now I've got more free time.

Seeing a post on another thread has just made me thought, how about having this forum linked to a DJ tech news site that doesn't already have a forum? I ran a forum years ago that we linked to a record shop to help increase the traffic for both of us.

Good idea.

This site was (or still is?) linked to a site called ClubNYC when I first joined up - it's now called ClubPlanet.com. It was a very active club forum back in the day, not sure about now. Maybe it is time to partner up with another site.

andymunro
02-03-2016, 12:15 PM
clubplanet.com is blocked in Saudi...makes it me want to see it more!

Rek_Aviles
02-03-2016, 01:06 PM
clubplanet.com is blocked in Saudi...makes it me want to see it more!

:lol: you're not missing much. and I see they still have ClubNYC.com but it just redirects to the main site.

here's a screenshot to shoot that itch.

http://i67.tinypic.com/mugyfs.png

andymunro
02-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I got on with my VPN and was sorely disappointed there was no nakedness.

Rek_Aviles
02-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Just had an idea to increase voting on battles.

If there's only one battle active, it sometimes goes unnoticed but that's because it's rare to get a member, who rarely visits the Battle forum, to vote on a battle. The few who do participate usually vote on each others battles, if there are 2 or more going on at the same time - you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours kind of of thing.

For this reason, maybe we should hold off on posting battles to only 2 time a month? This way multiple battles get posted at the same time and the battlers can help one another.

And we all know, the more "likes" something has the more views it gets.

:shrug:

andymunro
02-04-2016, 03:49 PM
I think it's time to be ruthless and cull the mod list, there's way more listed than active members.

NickJames
02-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Whether the site is dead or not it looks dead when you hit the homepage. I would argue that there are a lot of things that could be done to make a more inviting landing page but two things should happen immediately:

1. The "Please note, if you are a returning djforums member from prior to 2012" needs to be removed. Nothing says dead site like a warning message that has been up for 4 years. It can be interpreted as the members not being loyal enough to come back soon after the switch or as the administrators not being engaged enough to remember to remove it; Either way it looks bad and should be removed. Anyone from 1.0 will figure out they need to re-register. Membership purges for inactivity are regular par-for-the-course on many websites even if the entire DB hadn't been lost. If I visit a site I haven't been to for 4 years I expect to re-register.

2. The abandoned news section should be disabled and hidden until there is content newer than 2014 to showcase. Discussing what to put there is important but right this second it should be disabled and the recent posts widget should be expanded and moved up.

Longer term the design for this forum needs an update. It could be in part that I have been here since 1.0 but the design is ancient and has never been updated. To invoke another forum I read: https://linustechtips.com/main/ their design is far more modern in comparison. The fact LinusTechTips runs IPS doesn't matter either as something similar (while still sticking with the classic DJF colours) could be accomplished with vB.

Rek_Aviles
02-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Whether the site is dead or not it looks dead when you hit the homepage. I would argue that there are a lot of things that could be done to make a more inviting landing page but two things should happen immediately:

1. The "Please note, if you are a returning djforums member from prior to 2012" needs to be removed. Nothing says dead site like a warning message that has been up for 4 years. It can be interpreted as the members not being loyal enough to come back soon after the switch or as the administrators not being engaged enough to remember to remove it; Either way it looks bad and should be removed. Anyone from 1.0 will figure out they need to re-register. Membership purges for inactivity are regular par-for-the-course on many websites even if the entire DB hadn't been lost. If I visit a site I haven't been to for 4 years I expect to re-register.

2. The abandoned news section should be disabled and hidden until there is content newer than 2014 to showcase. Discussing what to put there is important but right this second it should be disabled and the recent posts widget should be expanded and moved up.

Longer term the design for this forum needs an update. It could be in part that I have been here since 1.0 but the design is ancient and has never been updated. To invoke another forum I read: https://linustechtips.com/main/ their design is far more modern in comparison. The fact LinusTechTips runs IPS doesn't matter either as something similar (while still sticking with the classic DJF colours) could be accomplished with vB.

All of this!

while we're at it, the logo could use an update.

Dix
02-16-2016, 10:15 PM
The front page is an area that KLH & I discussed about 3 or 4 months ago & its something that he has planned to work on at some point. I haven't looked into it, so I don't even know if he can access that section to modify it with the permissions we have at this point. It is something that has been brought up & we have discussed it. I can tell you that it is a priority to get that page up to date if & when he can access that page to modify it. We have discussed some ideas & we will also refer back to this page for your ideas & suggestions when he is able to get to this.

I'd like to say that while it may not look like it, we are working on some things behind the scenes. I don't have to tell anyone that this place is a mess. It has been neglected for so long & there is so much that needs to be addressed. I don't mean to sound derogatory toward the previous admins, because I know that they have other obligations to work, life & family. Its just an unfortunate situation that the site is in & we really are trying to catch up on some of the issues that we can address. I just want to stress that we can not access every section of the forum software, so its impossible for us to work on & correct everything that needs to be fixed at this point. It will just take some time. We ask that you continue, not only your input & suggestions, but your patience & support.

I want to honestly thank everyone who is making suggestions & giving opinions.

Interracial Tea
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM
You're admins. Why wouldn't you have access to the front page?

Dix
02-17-2016, 03:36 PM
There are various levels of admin access, just like mods. Each level requires password access.

JGeffen
02-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Are their features that y'all want to get that just cost money? Should we allow for donations?

Dix
02-17-2016, 06:14 PM
As far as I know, the only means of "donations" is joining VIP which I believe is $3 per month.

As for what the fees from VIP pays for is helping to pay for keeping the web site up or online. There are monthly fees that the site has to pay the company that hosts the site. I do not know what else the money goes for or if anything. The advertising you see on the site also helps pay the monthly hosting fees.
How much that costs, I have no idea. I am assuming but quite sure that, the advertising & VIP memberships are enough to pay for the hosting. Again, this is an area that we do not have access to.

As for other things that we may need that would cost money, again, I have no idea because we do not have access to those areas. As far as I know, the hosting & software is, what it is. There are no extras, although we can utilize all or part of the software & what it can do.

Doppelganger
05-30-2016, 05:52 AM
I think the biggest thing is that there needs to be stricter mods.

Agreed. I resign as a moderator and would like my account downgraded please.

DTR (like is real life) is doing all the hoovering in the Drum n Bass section. I don't have the time to commit anymore.

I wish KLH and Dixieland the best of luck with the site though and am sorry I can't contribute in any other way at this time.

Will MaXimal
06-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Has anyone ever thought of trying to do something outside the current message board dynamic? Somehow branding the DJF name?

niarta
06-08-2016, 09:21 PM
hi, I'd like to add my 2 cents again.

Can we please ban all laptop threads and instead maybe create a non-biased guide to buying a laptop?

the other laptop thread that just got created is just a total shithole from both sides. it's a bunch of old men arguing over nothing and they're going at each other's throats.

so I would be more than happy to help create a non-biased guide, i just really think laptop threads need to go.

KLH
06-10-2016, 08:31 PM
^ Atrain, if you want to make a thread, I can ask the mods to keep a close eye. We can move all Mac/PC religious posts to that thread so that the guide remains clean.

If you're interested in doing this, I suggest keeping a few extra posts in reserve (after the first one) so that you can expand the guide later.

niarta
06-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'll start writing up the guide.

thanks for the consideration.

edit: posted in digital dj tools. i'll add more to it tomorrow.

niarta
06-18-2016, 11:06 PM
I finished the guide tonight. Thoughts, opinions, concerns?

edit: I actually finished based on KLH's suggestions. possibly a sticky for new members? I'd like opinions before I suggest that though.

DjBlanco
06-28-2016, 01:19 PM
kinda touched on this here http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?52852-This-is-the-saddest-Forum-around&p=477115&viewfull=1#post477115

but if we make a blog kinda like DA and provide coverage at festivals and such... we could definatly see an increase in traffic we could reach out to labels and have them release through our blog etc feature some of the photographers and team members that make the festivals we see so epic really just encompass all of the scene not just bedroom dj's i would be willing to help out with content on the east coast until we get up sponsors and funds for expenses and im sure there are some other photographers/djs that are on the west coast that could help out too

food for thought

monomer
07-01-2016, 02:43 AM
What happened to Faderwave? Motorcityjam?

I really miss getting hammered and playing on motorcityjam. I'd take on a hour slot on a DJF branded online radio station. Who knows, I might not trainwreck as much.

DjBlanco
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
What happened to Faderwave? Motorcityjam?

I really miss getting hammered and playing on motorcityjam. I'd take on a hour slot on a DJF branded online radio station. Who knows, I might not trainwreck as much.

i feel like they died with stickam but with the new live stream on facebook you can add the djs as content creaters and stream directly off the djf fanpage food for thought

monomer
07-02-2016, 12:05 AM
i feel like they died with stickam but with the new live stream on facebook you can add the djs as content creaters and stream directly off the djf fanpage food for thought

It'll need to be more organized than that.

Dix
11-02-2016, 04:43 PM

All about QSC
All about JBL

Just my opinion

Done.......

Dix
11-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Clean up OT.

Care to elaborate?

I second this ....OT should be a fun place for people to have a laugh and bond over fun topics .... Politics has no place here as it causes division....I would like to see more UNITY :)

Done.....

Dix
11-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I think it's time to be ruthless and cull the mod list, there's way more listed than active members.

Initial actions have been addressed on this. Some were removed, some new mods were added.

BDC
10-24-2018, 08:18 PM
I would like to add my two pennies, if I may...

I know posting in the correct topic thread is important to you guys. I get it. However, maybe there's TOO MANY sub-categories??
Perhaps amalgamating similar threads instead of distinctly separating threads may be aesthetically appealing? Especially in the MUSIC category? I believe the existing categories are adequately separated - but the music category is waayy too specific.

A couple of the topics do not have a current post.

My suggestion is to have ONE category for MUSIC and within that thread, select the genre when you post - much like in MIX SUBMISSION and using PREFIX.

http://i.imgur.com/Cx8QKtx.png (https://imgur.com/Cx8QKtx)

This would undoubtedly transform the front page and hopefully make a sleeker, less intimi****** page where users don't have to scroll down as much.
I hear it all the time at work: streamlining. It is the future.

Thanks.

dlove
11-20-2018, 06:49 AM
I feel Reggae music is not represented clearly in the music section - I'd like a section dedicated to Reggae and all it's offshoots, as the D&B section is too new-school to put real reggae in, and the dancehall's in the hip-hop section! ;/

DJ Bobcat
05-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Have we ever given consideration to a “Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down” option?

There have been MANY times I have really enjoyed a post by some member, but other than quoting and responding to the post, had no way to tell the OP. I know we have REP, but it limits how much you can give any one member without “spreading” it around.

There have also been times a member posted something inappropriate, and I wanted to say so, but didn’t because I didn’t want to get into a big p1$$1ng contest. If I could have clicked on the “thumbs down” though, I would have.