PDA

View Full Version : Riding the SUB

pumpitdj
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
So lately I have been having problems with people sitting , or standing on my SUB , I thaught about putting a light on it , but I heard if you do that it reduces the life of the light , dunno if that is true or not . Anyways just need some ideas from you guys , what you do

Sween
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
??

http://img.tootoo.com/mytootoo/upload/30/309527/product/309527_b06144ddb988df404cd40f7c129140f1.jpg

pumpitdj
04-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I think they would enjoy that

Nick_EventPro
04-03-2012, 01:16 PM
What kind of event?

For weddings, I can fit 2 subs under an 8ft. table so no one is ever sitting on them.

For schools, I bring so many subs it hurts to be within 5ft. :D

You could stack them so its not easy for guests to get on them. I don't really have issues with people having the audacity to sit on my stuff. If they do, I'd ask them to not do that anymore.

rocket's ass
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Standing on them??? Like...dancing up on them or what? That seems hard to imagine.

Defiance
04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Hmm, my problem is girls fight to sit on my sub, no idea why... there always seems to be plenty of seats else where but all they want to do is sit and listen to music. SO werid....;)

spicaly
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
reminds me of a scene in the howards stern movie

pumpitdj
04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes I have had someone dance on the sub . As for putting the sub under the table , won't you get feedback from your mic with the sub being so close ?

Sween
04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes I have had someone dance on the sub . As for putting the sub under the table , won't you get feedback from your mic with the sub being so close ?

I do it all the time. And no feedback. You need to shelf the mic EQ though to cut out ultra lows.

Brom
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I do it all the time. And no feedback. You need to shelf the mic EQ though to cut out ultra lows.

Yeah, I do the same thing - two Mackie SRS1500s under the table and behind the facade. Out of sight so no dancing queens standing on them. Might be a bit more difficult when I get my TH-118 but it still should work under the table at only 22.5" high laying on its side.

Mystic
04-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Put laminated signs on the top or put some sort of barrier in front like those line control poles with retractable ribbon

andythemusician
04-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Hmm, my problem is girls fight to sit on my sub, no idea why... there always seems to be plenty of seats else where but all they want to do is sit and listen to music. SO werid....;)

Reminds me of some stories from a festival I worked at...

Unknown DJ
04-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Pallet cones are the answer.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgkly42_u7SgYd8RAyNFeJAhE2UXhYH EIJgXUgTlUQDl2KFssa

pumpitdj
04-04-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm thinking of just placing a wash light on top http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products/images/djbank-1-l.jpg

Synaxis
04-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I do the same thing - two Mackie SRS1500s under the table and behind the facade. Out of sight so no dancing queens standing on them. Might be a bit more difficult when I get my TH-118 but it still should work under the table at only 22.5" high laying on its side.

Won't putting the sub behind the facade cause it to be less effective?

DJMC
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
My sub isn't accessible to guests. Usually, I have a case of CD's sitting on top of my PRX 718s

DJNR
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't mind...

http://i.imgur.com/GtMZ0.jpg

Brom
04-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Won't putting the sub behind the facade cause it to be less effective?

My facade is PVC pipe draped with black crushed velvet fabric so the bass isn't limited by it at all. If it is it's not by much and I'd rather have them out of sight during wedding gigs so grandma doesn't get freaked out by all the big speakers. And we all know they usually seat the older-than-dirt crowd right by the DJ.

Quentin Legend
04-05-2012, 06:46 AM
So lately I have been having problems with people sitting , or standing on my SUB , I thaught about putting a light on it , but I heard if you do that it reduces the life of the light , dunno if that is true or not . Anyways just need some ideas from you guys , what you do

Don't put anything on a sub unless your fine with it vibrating to the edge and taking a leap of faith.

wilson
04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Are they hot chicks? LMFAO! If so, I'd just put something on top of your sub to protect it from getting scratched and have speaker dancers?? Problem solved :teef:

Synaxis
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
My facade is PVC pipe draped with black crushed velvet fabric so the bass isn't limited by it at all. If it is it's not by much and I'd rather have them out of sight during wedding gigs so grandma doesn't get freaked out by all the big speakers. And we all know they usually seat the older-than-dirt crowd right by the DJ.

Oh, ok, your right. In that case it wouldn't be much of an issue in your type of situation. I was thinking about some of the more solid front board type facades.

Don't put anything on a sub unless your fine with it vibrating to the edge and taking a leap of faith.

What if he cushioned the light somehow by putting a cloth or flat pillow underneath to try and reduce the vibrations? And as an additional measure, he could strap it down with some ratchet straps.

Quentin Legend
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
What if he cushioned the light somehow by putting a cloth or flat pillow underneath to try and reduce the vibrations? And as an additional measure, he could strap it down with some ratchet straps.

Problem solved. :)

Was just re-posting some advice someone on DJF 1.0 gave me.