PDA

View Full Version : How to mixing electro to trap or dubstep help!!!

mervinmusic
08-24-2015, 09:37 AM
i'm playing for 128 bpm, when i want to mix to trap, it's very difficult to count the beat when the bass drop...
how i can clearly mixing with different bpm?

mitchiemasha
08-25-2015, 08:48 PM
You don't... Just match the down beat with each other and do a switch or use effects. You need specific tracks to create the bridge. Tracks that it will work with.

TheRabbitMonk
08-26-2015, 05:40 AM
trap tends to be about 150 to 160 bpm.

pertty much impossible without making one of the tracks sound like shit. either to slow or to fast.

Like above said bridge the tracks with something in the middle of the bpms. Better to do it gradually over the space of a few tracks, then its not such a big jump in bpm.
other than that use a trick like a power off, stop/start, fx, echo, delay so its not just a new track with a big jump in bpm. Can sound quite good if done correctly but don't do it on every transition because it can get boring fast or come across lazy.

kueymo
09-29-2015, 11:23 PM
What i would do is to do a 2 beat loop on the last vocal/beat right before the phrase to the 2nd drop of your electro house song starts; go on to then raise the bpm higher or lower to match the incoming track tempo (remember the magic number; 128 = 96 & 150 = 75); then while counting down the phrase, bring in the trap song at the phrase where it is climbing to the drop. It will sound like magic and playing with the bpm makes the crowd goes high.

English is not my native language but i hope you understood that

Good luck!

Aotoori
12-06-2015, 11:43 PM
I'm a little confused...:freak: how does 128 = 96??? wouldn't it be 64?