PDA

View Full Version : "Best" Mixer for me...

Dj Cowlick
04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, I used to be part of DjF 1.0 as AeroEclipse (Not Super Active). I've been out of the loop for a while dj wise, and am getting back into everything. I'm wanting to start a mobile dj business and really need a new mixer. I've actually had a 3 channel Behringer mixer for 8 years now with no problems, but want a newer mixer with a better reputation/sound than Behringer.

I run 2 technics and serato scratch live 3. I also have a M-Audio Triggerfinger that I like to run with SL3 to trigger cue point/loops etc. As a mobile dj, I'd be spinning top 40 and what have you. In my personal dj life I like to spin breakbeats and am now getting into scratching. All I really know is that I need a mixer that may sound good with a mic through it. I'm also planning on adding a cd player of some sort to my setup, so I'm debating if I need another 3 channel mixer or not. I guess having a cd player plugged into a line input of the same channel as one of my turntables would do the trick, as mixing three things at once isn't that important to me. (I actually just remembered that with Serato the line input is occupied so assume I do need at least a 3 channel mixer if this is correct, I won't want to unplug and plug all the time).

Money isn't an issue (Not that I'm swimming in money), but I'd like to hear all considerations and opinions from you guys.

Thanks.

DJNR
04-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Firstly, welcome back! :tup:

There are a ton of different mixers out there, but I'll do my best to narrow down some options for you.

There are quite a few two channel mixers out there, but it really depends on how much money you want to spend. Most mixers on the market are going to sound better than a behringer, but again, it depends really on how much you want to spend. Since you want to be a mobile DJ, a mixed such as the TTM57 might be nice for you because of the built in interface. Similarly, you could sell your SL3 and get one of the nicer mixers like the Rane 62 which sounds better than the 57 and has many more features. If you don't want to spend as much, you could consider mid range compact mixers such as the Ecler Nuo 2 or if you want a three channel, a Rane empath.

If you decide to go bigger than two channels, you would be venturing into the Allen and Heath, Pioneer, and high end Rane territory, but I don't know if you want to spend that much.