PDA

View Full Version : Mixing with MixMeister Fusion

Fusion-B
08-08-2015, 09:56 AM
In the last 2 years we usually make mixes with MixMeister.
What are you thinking about this software?

You can check some mixes which we are made by us with MixMeister:

https://www.mixcloud.com/fusionb/fusion-b-mix-20150806/

TheRabbitMonk
08-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Isn't this the software what mixes for you?

pete
08-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Isn't this the software what mixes for you?
No more than any other software system for DJs.

Sure you plan everything down to a T, but that doesn't make it any less valid when not live.

Unless of course, you are Qbert, then it calls for the wrath of zeus.

mitchiemasha
08-09-2015, 12:09 PM
I've used Mix Meister quite a bit in the past. I would hate to DJ with it. If putting a mix together not live I'd prefer to use a DAW now like cubase instead of Mix Meister. Redoing all those dreaded hit point was always a pain and too fidly. Beat recognition code is a lot better nowadays and I'm not sure Mix Meister has been updated in a while.

The amount of time I've spent putting a mix together in Mix Meister, it would of been a lot easier to mix it live, splicing out any mistakes in a wave editor if needed, rerecord that section.

Crushgroove
08-09-2015, 12:10 PM
It's pretty much a multitrack recorder labeled as dj mixing software. It's ok to use for home use, mocking up a set before playing out live. It's also useful if you're wanting to piece together a harmonic mix/mixed in key.

Windows 95
08-09-2015, 01:32 PM
What are you thinking about this software?Had promise, but it was abandoned several years ago. I prefer MixMeister Fusion's lay out over Ableton Live's lay out & Serato DJ's lay out. I would probably still use it if it wasn't so outdated.

If you don't already have it, you should get a Numark MixMeister Control controller. I doubt you'll be able to find a new one, but a used one should be pretty easy to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2JPQ7e-SVM

happydan
02-06-2016, 04:17 AM
Oh man, I did a review of it a bit ago. Windows 95 is right... It has a lot of good ideas, but it's clearly not had much work done to it in a loooong time, and it's way overpriced.

http://djworx.com/review-mixmeister-fusion-7-7/

andymunro
02-06-2016, 06:01 AM
Oh man, I did a review of it a bit ago. Windows 95 is right... It has a lot of good ideas, but it's clearly not had much work done to it in a loooong time, and it's way overpriced.

http://djworx.com/review-mixmeister-fusion-7-7/

So it fails spectacularly at it's primary function of beat matching 4/4 for you starting on the wrong beat?

I'm sure a lot of work went into this product by a of people, but when the outcome is something that seems half hearted, I always struggle to find the point of even starting the project in the first place, never mind put it into the public domain with a price tag, that's just asking for ridicule.

Windows 95
02-06-2016, 09:24 AM
The amount of time I've spent putting a mix together in Mix Meister, it would of been a lot easier to mix it live, That's the only way I've ever used MixMeister Fusion, live, on the fly. That was the whole point of the program.
If you weren't playing the time line live, a DAW (or even Sony Acid) would have been the better way to do it.

happydan
02-06-2016, 05:17 PM
So it fails spectacularly at it's primary function of beat matching 4/4 for you starting on the wrong beat?

I'm sure a lot of work went into this product by a of people, but when the outcome is something that seems half hearted, I always struggle to find the point of even starting the project in the first place, never mind put it into the public domain with a price tag, that's just asking for ridicule.

When it came out, it was way ahead of its time, they've just not given it the resources it deserves, unfortunately.

Windows 95
02-06-2016, 05:46 PM
http://djworx.com/review-mixmeister-fusion-7-7/You mentioned the fact it doesn't have a place for a microphone channel. The main complaint with the Numark MixMeister Control controller was that there was no mic input. That & the fact it didn't have a built in sound card.

andymunro
02-07-2016, 12:44 AM
When it came out, it was way ahead of its time, they've just not given it the resources it deserves, unfortunately.

Ahh fair enough. I've never actually come across anyone using one.

happydan
02-07-2016, 06:11 AM
You mentioned the fact it doesn't have a place for a microphone channel. The main complaint with the Numark MixMeister Control controller was that there was no mic input. That & the fact it didn't have a built in sound card.

I suspect the Control was only really meant for mobile DJs to use with their laptop soundcards. Cueing was probably considered a power user feature.

Windows 95
02-07-2016, 08:05 AM
I suspect the Control was only really meant for mobile DJs to use with their laptop soundcards.I'm guessing they usually used the controller, an audio interface (like Audio2DJ or Numark I/O), and a small cheap mixer to add a microphone.

DarkicePresents
08-03-2016, 11:09 AM
MixMeister is ok when you are doing a mix for a demo , since you can using VSTi's and make your mix sound clean aka( Using waves L3 on output so it sounds more pumping) ................ AS LONG as you can repeat that mix you do on MixMeister , But with Cdj's or other dj equipment you are fine . if you can't beat match and use it, then you are pretending to be someone you are not.