PDA

View Full Version : Little trick I figured out for making cool synths

Hygro
04-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I recently started noticing cool sounds that came from things like reverb, or like with crazy distorted resonance that comes in if you hold a note down for 3 seconds, or any kind of sound that sort of comes as a tail end noise that sounds really cool divorced from the rest.

I started making wavs of the sounds, and then slicing off the tail end that sounded really cool. Then I make sure I have it in tune, load it up into a sampler, and I have a brand new and awesome instrument. You can get really unique, rich sounds this way.

Then you put effects on them etc.

drop1
04-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Another fun one is to use dblue glitch plugin. Set the daw to record and just start feeding random samples, beats, songs or whatever into Glitch the go back and cut out the good parts for some very unique sounds.

alazydj
04-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Glitch looks cool...but for us mac guys, we can't use it. I got the demo for SugarBytes Effectrix. SOOOOOO much fun!

Hygro
05-29-2012, 12:17 AM
good ideas! anyone else have clever ways?

thehadgi
05-29-2012, 12:24 AM
For sure on the resonance! I love crankin the reso and playing with the cutoff, great sounds. I created this entire track only by messing with the cutoff with the reso cranked up on a voyager using the xy pad while using the hold function to keep a note playing (and then ripped a cool vid that I thought would go well with it, kinda trippy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxkNbJr7318

I'm blanking on other stuff I've tried, but if I remember I'll post it hurr