PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting Hardcore Battle: DJLukewathey vs Shepe

JonAvalon
04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/DJlukewathey-vs-Shepe-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/DJlukewathey-vs-Shepe-2.mp3)

Rules:
40 min mix
Turntables, CDJ (traktor & serato systems ok)
any sub genre of hardcore
No Sync if its possible
no post edits

djlukewathey
04-03-2012, 04:45 AM
any feedback on the mixes guys

Really liking your Track selection Shepe although iv not had chance to listen to it properly yet (just a quick flick through)

kurisu
04-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Hm, I don't think I can really say much, but I think Mix 1's mixing wasn't as smooth as Mix 2, and the track selection in Mix 2 seemed to fit better together.

DJ Headkick
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm expecting tracklists from the both of you after this, loads of bangers in these mixes =P

Mix 1: Beatmatching is pretty on-point, but you shouldn't be so eager to make quick cuts as often as you did, it helps to let the song play out sometimes. 20ish tracks in a 40ish minute mix, unless the mixes are REALLY well done, is way too many tracks. Lots of cuts involved cutting tracks, like, as their melodies were playing; fade-outs would have been better.

Mix 2: GREAT beatmatching, a few bumps in song selection but very solid overall, but I felt as though the mix lacked a little bit of the energy that this genre requires. There were a lot of tunes that most candyravers know by heart.

I'm going for 2 because although you seem to be roughly-equal in the beatmatching department, the song selection was what made 2 the better mix. Mix 1 seemed to be more of a "Whut am I gunna toss on NAO" sorta deal, and that can work sometimes, but there were many odd cuts. ...Wow, I feel like such a douche for being such a critic, haha.

shepe
04-06-2012, 09:07 AM
thanks for taking the time to give feedback, its appreciated, im not gonna go into much detail yet as it will give away which mix is whose but I will come back to it, :-) track-listing no probs, after the voting's finished!

djlukewathey
04-09-2012, 04:47 AM
yea thanks for taking the time out to leave feedback and vote guys, as shepe said no probs with the tracklist.

DJ Headkick
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Bumpin this bitch to the top.

C'mon guys, vote!! lol

djlukewathey
04-12-2012, 01:56 PM
1 day to go guys come get voting :freak:

djlukewathey
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
ok well its over guys...thanks to everyone that took there time to listen and vote...

sheepe awsome tracks mate on your mix..good creative mix, the only critasism i have mate is no need to rush through your tracks, it is posible to pull of mixer like that but it has to be really tight mixing and constantly adjusting the eqs, (im not good enough to do this either lol) apart from thank enjoyed the mix.

things i thought were wrong with mine were agreed with the above comment it doesnt flow with energy its up down up down,

i chose to do my mix based on blending as i dont have any effects and was useing vinyl and is the way iv been learning to mix.

well cheers guys and shweeet :D

djlukewathey
04-15-2012, 04:23 AM
My tracklist

1:Dougal & Gammer: F@ck Me On The Dancefloor
2:Eclipse: Before Tommorow (Breeze & Styles RMX)
3:Dpugal & Gammer: Lifting Me Higher
4:Scott Brown: Deffinition Of A Badboy
5:Al Storm: Stars Collide
6:Adam Harris:My Star (Eclipse RMX)
7:Darren Styles:Getting Better (Gammer Update)
8:Dougal,Gammer &JB-C: No Way Back
9:Darren Styles: Universe In Your Face

dont know why iv got green faces on all my Ds lol

shepe
04-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah realised as i was writing the track list thats theres just to many tracks here :-( but never mind, also listening back there are some very odd cuts, think mainly cos iv got used to mixing hardstyle recently where it works a lot better!
@ djlukewathey I really enjoyed your mix and had I not been up against you it would have been the one I voted for, gonna agree with the energy comment but over all a good mix so nice one feeling the need for a rematch soon though :-)

Dougal & Gammer - something great
Annon - sand-storm
Dougal & gammer - somebody's watching me
Chaos & Sc@r - have you ever
Danny Byrd - We can have it all (Recon Remix)
Stay - Al storm remix
Dougal & gammer - tape machine
Joey riot & Obie - I require filth
Getting Better (Gammer Update)
Don't wanna let you down ( Joey Riot Remix)
Take you down (Styles & Recon)
Marc smith - Wheres the party at
Find yourself feat Sarah Howells - Darren Styles Mix
Like a G6 - Robbie-S
Dougal & Gammer - Lifting me higher
Sy and Al Storm featuring meri everitt - Lonely
Dougal & Gammer - fuck me on the dance floor
Joey Riot - Feel complete
Kurt - Il make yas hardcore
Brisk and Vaga bond (dj Ham remix) - hit the deck
Styles and recon - smack you like a bitch
in effect (Hixxy remix) - Close your eyes

djlukewathey
04-15-2012, 07:55 AM
how are you finding the transition from hardcore to hardstyle, iv recently started buying a bit of hardstyle and throwing that into some of my mixes as hardcore as started to go a bit tougher (kind of like dubstep) so it seems to go well together.

iv been mainly getting into the stuff from the netherlands...

yea deffinatly intrested in a rematch as my pitch controles have been replaced and im buying a kaoss pad 3 next month lol...

mayby a hardstyle one next time (when iv got enough tracks lol)

shepe
04-15-2012, 08:05 AM
yeah when I first started a few years ago now, i mixed mainly freeform and hardcore then hardcore went a bit shit for me for a while and I wasnt really feeling it so switched to hardstyle, which iv primarily been mixing since, but saw this battle and as hardcore doesnt get much love on these forums I had to give it a go :-)