PDA

View Full Version : Xone 22 dieing after 3 months.

Pavin
04-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Bought this sucker new off ebay, 3 months later and I started having problems with volume in headphones. Anytime I'd activate the left filter (button underneath the channel fader) the sound in my left headphone cup would die.

Now anytime I play tunes out of the left channel the gain will slowly but surely just go to inaudible through master & booth out..

Called A&H; local vendor has yet to call me back :freak:

You guys think this is going to be fixed or is this a sign of degrading quality at A&H factories?

Note on the X22 itself; when it was working I loved the sound quality, filters and channels.

djpenguin
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
The Xone:22 has had a huge rash of quality control problems since its introduction. Around the time that A&H moved their factories to China, they started to have widespread problems with manufacture quality, especially with the 42 and 22. If the mixer is still under warranty, they should repair it for you. If not, it's probably not worth the money it would cost to repair it.

Pavin
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Dang, the mixer I was thinking of replacing it possibly was the 42..

They said they would, but will it last afterwards?

djpenguin
04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Dang, the mixer I was thinking of replacing it possibly was the 42..

They said they would, but will it last afterwards?

Not very likely, unfortunately. If the power jack hasn't broken loose from the PCB yet, it probably will (that's the most common failure on the Xone:22.)

If you're looking for a replacement mixer, I'd steer clear of A&H unless you're planning to buy one of the flagship models (DB2 & DB4) that are still built in the UK.

Pavin
04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
That's really sad seeing how much I loved the mixer when it wasn't giving me these issues..

My mixer is a in-home so I hopefully wont have that issue..

what about the older x32 or 62s?

djpenguin
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
That's really sad seeing how much I loved the mixer when it wasn't giving me these issues..

My mixer is a in-home so I hopefully wont have that issue..

what about the older x32 or 62s?

The older stuff that was made in the UK all seems to work fine (except for design stupidity like the 32 having the gains on the back panel), the problems started when they moved the bulk of the manufacturing operation to China. The only reason I can say that the DB2 and DB4 are safe is that they've only been built in the UK. Everything else in the Xone lineup (other than the 22; China only) has been built both in the UK and in China.

Jalapeno
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
the 22 and 42 are terrible pieces of junk and i havnt seen one last longer than 3 months. My buddy has been through 3 xone 22s. Every time its been something different break. They are amazingly awesome little mixers in idea, but the execution is pitiful. I would have a 22 if they didnt suck so bad and i have a big nice pioneer mixer. The filter is great and the meters are great, and everything about it is perfect for normal 2 deck mixing. But its a piece of junk, so too bad.

The 32 and 62 are also terrible pieces of shit as well. Every single 62 ive ever used has been broken, and 99% of the time its one of the outputs is broken. All but the oldest 32/62s are made in china, and they are old shitty mixers to begin with. The efx are fucking stupid, the monitoring is fucking stupid, theres no sharp cut for crossfader, and they all break.

Stay away from A&H, they do not make reliable or even good products until you start spending BIG BIG money.

Pioneer, Denon, Ecler, Rane, get something like that, its alot better.

Pavin
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeesh; that sounds terrible. I've seen tons of techno/house djs use the 62 even in professional settings..

Might just jump to the nuo then.

Brian Sang Han
04-03-2012, 02:10 AM
so....what to get instead?

DJ Nutty
04-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Jalapeno, my xone 22 has been fine ever since I bought it when it was 1st released.. I wouldn't say they're all bad.

Pavin
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm considering either the ecler nuo 2 or getting a used Empath.. any advice here?

Jalapeno
04-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Yeesh; that sounds terrible. I've seen tons of techno/house djs use the 62 even in professional settings..

nuos are great, i really like have filters and effects though, especially filters(but serato has that now so i could manage)

so....what to get instead?

rane 57(buy used) if youre using serato, or djm 700/800, denon 1600, nuo, rane 62/djm dj-tt or something like that if you trying to throw mad money at it.

lburners
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
I have a 22 and it has seen moderate use for about a year or so. I have had no problems. I am not overly impressed with the build quality but if transported in a road case it seems to hold up very well. The audio quality is very good. I have had a few pioneer mixers in the past and actually prefer the Allen and Heath sound quality. That being said the filter option seems like a gimmick and like mentioned not a fan of the 2 option crossfader as well as the filter buttons on each side of the crossfader to catch a finger during scratching etc. Will probably take a look at the Pioneer 250. Wishing someone would come out with a high quality basic mixer for those of us that are still stuck in the old school vinyl days.

Pavin
04-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I have a 22 and it has seen moderate use for about a year or so. I have had no problems. I am not overly impressed with the build quality but if transported in a road case it seems to hold up very well. The audio quality is very good. I have had a few pioneer mixers in the past and actually prefer the Allen and Heath sound quality. That being said the filter option seems like a gimmick and like mentioned not a fan of the 2 option crossfader as well as the filter buttons on each side of the crossfader to catch a finger during scratching etc. Will probably take a look at the Pioneer 250. Wishing someone would come out with a high quality basic mixer for those of us that are still stuck in the old school vinyl days.

In regards to the build quality holding up when transported in a road case; I'm sure that would help. However this mixer literally NEVER left my bedroom lol I got it and the same day I set it up where it didn't move for 3 months.

I do agree with you in regards to the sound quality; its far better sonically from what I have been able to compare to (djm 300, 600, loads of numark mixers, and behringer ddm).. That is of course IMO.

DJ Nutty
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I think the build quality is fine. Its a solid metal chassis, alot more robust than top end pioneer CDJ's.

Pavin
04-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I think the build quality is fine. Its a solid metal chassis, alot more robust than top end pioneer CDJ's.

Sure the exterior might be made of solid steel, but the internal workings sure did crap out quick...

Jalapeno
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM

Thats what youd think. To the guys that hasnt broke yet, the ones ive seen break it was used 2 times a week every week and it was kept in a roadcase but the case was moved alot, so that could explain it.

But seriously stay away from the cheap AH stuff.

koskoz
07-01-2012, 05:25 AM
I also have a Xone 22, and 2 channels out of 4 are only working from one side. It means I have the sound going out from one of my speaker only. I've tried multiple sources, multiples cables, it seems it comes from the mixer. I bought an Allen & Heath to ghave quality and now I've got shit instead.

DJ Nutty
07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Thats quite odd considering it only has 2 channels to start with.

Pavin
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Got mine fixed under warranty guy said it was just a disconnected something or another..

koskoz
07-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Thats quite odd considering it only has 2 channels to start with.

2 channels, 4 inputs, 2 inputs by channel = 4 channels.

Got mine fixed under warranty guy said it was just a disconnected something or another..

What was your issue?

Manu
07-04-2012, 05:33 AM
2 channels, 4 inputs, 2 inputs by channel = 4 channels.

nope, 2 channels with 2 line inputs and 2 phono inputs = 2 channels

You can have one channel with a million inputs plugged into it, it's still one channel.

What was your issue?

The issue was clearly described in post one, page one.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22944894.jpg

punky
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I think A&H, unless they've really let their CS slip, will repair it for you.