PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to create mixes if I'm only editing transitions?

McChickenMonkey
07-04-2015, 11:50 PM
I have a quick question but its kind of difficult to explain so hear me out. I recently downloaded some software called Virtual DJ 8 and I have a whole bunch of songs I want to edit together into a mix but I only want to edit the transitions of the songs for now. There is a live record button but I have to listen to the whole song just to get to the end to edit that part and then if I mess it up I have to listen all over again. Is there a way I can tweak the transitions and save it as an mp3 without having to listen to the whole song. For example can I load up 2 of the songs I want to mix together then click/skip to the end of the first song and do the whole transition into the 2nd song, and then have it save the full first and second song together with my transition in between? Or just what software do you use that you can do this? Something like audacity I suppose but with the options of a DJ programs in it?

Manu
07-05-2015, 04:06 AM
You want to mix the whole stuff without listening to the whole stuff? Ableton. But I reckon it will take you more time to learn the software than actually mix two songs together.

Panotaker
07-05-2015, 06:28 AM
Just hit the record button right before the transition and do the transition over and over until you get one you like, then splice in the first song, and the second song, to the transition. Or learn how to use Abelton or Mixmeister, and you can do the whole mix on your computer.

rex103
07-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Well software like VDJ is meant for playing songs live, so it is more for actually playing the songs than editing them.

KLH
07-05-2015, 09:01 AM
You want to use production tools for DJing programmatically? Wow.

Look at the tool MixMeister. It does what you're looking to do.