PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get rid of all my explicit music

carblekin
03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to get rid of all the explicit music in my music library, but cant come up with an easy way to do it. I'm using iTunes to keep track of everything, and it does tag explicit songs explicit, but I can't figure out how to group them to remove them. Any suggestions?

Now that I'm just DJing for weddings, I have no need for explicit music, and I'd rather not hold on to it.

Rothgery
03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Why get rid of them? Might as well just hang on to your tracks, make a playlist and work on dragging all of those tracks to it... then burn the playlist to dvd and then delete. It's just flushing money down the toilet.

If nothing else, burn the dvds sell them, and then delete them to make it legit :shrug:

question.... why do you always post in bold witha huge ass font?

carblekin
03-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Why get rid of them? Might as well just hang on to your tracks, make a playlist and work on dragging all of those tracks to it... then burn the playlist to dvd and then delete. It's just flushing money down the toilet.

If nothing else, burn the dvds sell them, and then delete them to make it legit :shrug:

question.... why do you always post in bold witha huge ass font?

Even if I kept the explicit stuff, I want to move it out of my iTunes library to prevent the possibility of accidentally playing something explicit at a wedding (I use iTunes to keep track of my music for Virtual DJ). I'd be fine with burning them to a DVD, or moving them to a separate hard drive or something, but I still need to separate them out. Any suggestions?

As far as the font size goes, I think it's just size 4. Don't know why it happens, does it automatically. To make it look like everyone else's posts, I'd have to resize it all. Easier for me to just not worry about it.

STLRiverCity
03-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Are you on a Mac or PC?

carblekin
03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm a PC guy

KLH
03-31-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm trying to get rid of all the explicit music in my music library, but cant come up with an easy way to do it.
Unless they've already been tagged, there's no easy way to identify explicit versions without listening to each track.
When I had iOS devices, I used to rate explicit tracks with a 1 star - so that I could retag at a later time. It was the only way to go through them.

I suppose the best method is to have a dependable source that tags the tracks.

-KLH

Divercity
03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't worry about it... all the words that are labelled "explicit" are just words. Its just that they have been fabricated into something that is "offensive".

Don't get offended . Use that energy to make a sammich.. :P

STLRiverCity
03-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok, can't help then. On a Mac I have a few programs and an AppleScript that would get the lyrics for all your songs and search for explicit words and put those in a playlist. You might do a search on adding lyrics automatically, that's how I got started with this solution.

KLH
04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
^ Nice out-of-the-box thinking. Have some rep for creativity.

-KLH

Ntertainment
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
In windows explorer navigate to your music folder do a search term for "explicit" drag those songs to a new folder. That's how I would handle it. Mp3tag can do this sort of thing very easily too.