PDA

View Full Version : Even bother with acoustic treatment?

thehadgi
03-31-2012, 11:44 AM
So obviously acoustic treatment is incredibly important. I'm buying a focusrite saffire 24 and some 2031a monitors for myself as a present today for getting my first album out, and was wondering about room treatment. I live in a college apartment, with an awkward shaped room with a bunch of stuff in it. Pretty much the only way I can have my setup configured is speakers against one wall pointed at me, and another wall three feet behind me. Should I bother trying to figure out what to put on the walls? I suppose some panels directly behind me would be good so I don't get reflections, but my room is so weirdly shaped with a bunch of stuff crammed in it I'm wondering if I should just hold off until I move in 6 months and find a bigger place.

Will doing anything now help, or is there like a minimal thing that always would be good? Or is it just impossible to tell without seeing my room? I'm confused:(

thehadgi
04-01-2012, 10:19 PM
bumpp

Dj Pudgey
04-04-2012, 10:43 AM
a picture of the space may help.

Archon
04-05-2012, 08:57 AM
im no expert at this, but are you trying to treat it to deaden it, or to sound proof it, or what?

thehadgi
04-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I'll get a pic later tonight up. And I don't know I guess... deaden it? Is that what you're supposed to do to mix on studio monitors?