PDA

View Full Version : for traditional amp rack users--this is awesome

fatcatdj
06-06-2015, 03:39 AM
audio only dj's----why not showcase your rack, it also goes with your light show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hKTkL9ndM

conanski
06-06-2015, 07:46 AM
audio only dj's----why not showcase your rack, it also goes with your light show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hKTkL9ndM

Meh... too blingy for me. I like the idea of a rack light but for pro audio apps(not a guitar rig like in the vid) lighting like that may actually make it harder to see the amp status LEDs.

Incognito
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
I had a blue computer cathode light strip installed on the top of one of my amp racks years ago after my Furman distribution bar with lights was stolen & I needed something to see during gigs while my replacement Furman was on order. I also made one for one of my old controller racks shown in the following video a couple years ago.

watch?v=GswRjtApzRM

drzinc
06-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Too bright to distracting I have pull out bulbs on my power strip...

Unknown DJ
06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Repeat: I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention

DJ Nada
06-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I stash my amp rack under a table, nobody wants to see that stuff. If you did setup correctly, there should be no reason you need to look at your amp rack during a gig, so hide that ugly box somewhere out of sight.

fatcatdj
06-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Repeat: I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention I am not the center of attention

you should get out of show business then man...this is show business even tho we aint actors, man! Bands, dj's, ventriloq's, puppeteers, street artists, preachers, politicians, priests, rabbis, radio dj's, tour quides, karaoke jocks, etc....we are all in show business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDy42HqLQZk

light-o-matic
06-07-2015, 03:18 AM
I like my gear to look impressive but that is too flashy for me.
And I do full bore electronic parties where I could get away with it...

Unknown DJ
06-07-2015, 03:34 AM
you should get out of show business then man...this is show business even tho we aint actors, man! Bands, dj's, ventriloq's, puppeteers, street artists, preachers, politicians, priests, rabbis, radio dj's, tour quides, karaoke jocks, etc....we are all in show business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDy42HqLQZk

I'm not the headlining act. I'm just the guy who provides sound. FYI puppeteers try to stay hidden. Also do you know who does the sound for your favourite band? Probable not. It's not your day when DJ'ing a gig.

Incognito
06-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Truth be told it may not be as stand out bright as the video makes it out to be since those lights have never translated well on video. For example take a look at the video I posted, while on the video it looks like it's overwhelming but in reality the light it produces was very subtle actually more so then that of my Furman pull out lights.

light-o-matic
06-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Nice.. one of these days me and the lady will get over to your part of the world and check out your scene and go to one of your parties.. I'm sure they're fun.