PDA

View Full Version : SSL 2.3.3 + Mac problems - help!

unknown00
02-06-2012, 06:13 AM
i just upgraded from 2.2 > 2.3.3 and from windows > mac osx lion...2 problems

1. click/drag songs from itunes > SSL doesn't work. i always like to drag individual files (not trying to read all from itunes) to selective crates but it doesn't work anymore

2. the songs in my subcrate no longer appear gray in the main crate...meaning i don't know what's in the subcrate and don't know what's in the main master crate cause same colors. BUT if i create a new crate and subcrate it works fine, so there was something wrong going from windows > mac

suggestions? or is this normal?

mostapha
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd like to help, but I don't use either of those features.

NickJames
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
i just upgraded from 2.2 > 2.3.3 and from windows > mac osx lion...2 problems

1. click/drag songs from itunes > SSL doesn't work. i always like to drag individual files (not trying to read all from itunes) to selective crates but it doesn't work anymore

Do you have iTunes library integration turned on? Are you trying to drag a track from an iTunes crate to a Serato crate all within Serato or are you dragging from iTunes.app to Serato?

2. the songs in my subcrate no longer appear gray in the main crate...meaning i don't know what's in the subcrate and don't know what's in the main master crate cause same colors. BUT if i create a new crate and subcrate it works fine, so there was something wrong going from windows > mac

Sound to me from the way you worded this that you imported your Windows Serato library in to Serato on Mac OS X? Correct? Can you run down the process you used to do this?

With the crate/sub-crate issue it sound like during the import Serato put the tracks in the parent crate AND the child create for some reason. There is a setting to not highlight sub-crate files but it would affect new crates and old alike and you say that new crates are fine. (You can do a quick check by deleting a sub-crate and checking the parent. If the files are still there you know they were in both places and that is the problem.)

I would delete the affected crates and build from scratch... However, fire make sure that in Setup -> Library "include subcrate tracks" is checked on.

unknown00
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Do you have iTunes library integration turned on? Are you trying to drag a track from an iTunes crate to a Serato crate all within Serato or are you dragging from iTunes.app to Serato?
no itunes library integration is not on and i don't want it on. i'm not trying to read my itunes library i just want to be able to drag individual files from my itunes.app (external to serato) into serato

Sound to me from the way you worded this that you imported your Windows Serato library in to Serato on Mac OS X? Correct? Can you run down the process you used to do this?

With the crate/sub-crate issue it sound like during the import Serato put the tracks in the parent crate AND the child create for some reason. There is a setting to not highlight sub-crate files but it would affect new crates and old alike and you say that new crates are fine. (You can do a quick check by deleting a sub-crate and checking the parent. If the files are still there you know they were in both places and that is the problem.)

I would delete the affected crates and build from scratch... However, fire make sure that in Setup -> Library "include subcrate tracks" is checked on.
yes "include subcrate tracks" is on. yes i am trying to import serato library from windows to mac osx, process used is from serato offical steps http://serato.com/articles/scratchlive/6662/moving-your-library-and-crates-to-a-new-computer-or-hard-drive

i deleted the subcrate and the files are NOT there anymore, so it's not in both crate/subcrate

//EDIT: found the problem- when i move the crates files over from windows > mac osx per instruction, the files still appear greyed out like they are suppose to. it's when i click the "Relocate Lost Files button" that changes it all and gets rid of the greyed out. basically it seems like "Relocate Lost Files button" combines subcrates with main crates

any ideas how to fix?