PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet Color Palette

noize_unit
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello,

Im wanting to run a couple palettes above the booth with color rails mounted on the back wall on either side of the booth. i was originally thinking of going with 4 rails but if i can get away with palettes that saves cash for other stuff, my question is this; the color rail has the built in programs so that when you master/slave them the effects chase , follow, sync'd up etc without the need for DMX as this is for my place, i dont feel like programming and doing DMX stuff if i dont have to (might later) anyways does the color palette have a similar feature didnt see it on the website, but i know that the palette is the update to the techno strobe just like the rail is the upgrade to the stripe, anybody could help thatd be great thanks!

Synaxis
03-30-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.chauvetlighting.com/colorpalette.html

^^ There is your answer.

- Built-in automated programs via master/slave or DMX

- Built-in sound activated programs via master/slave or DMX

They are not going to have the chase effect, because that's not what they were designed to do.

Ntertainment
03-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I use color palettes and love them, they are an amazing wash light, but nothing more! As long as you know they are a wash light and nothing more, you should be happy with them. The patterns the unit makes, don't matter at all, the only time you would ever notice is if you were looking at the light, when your dancing you just see the temperature of the room changing.

noize_unit
03-30-2012, 11:21 PM
appreciate it guys, i feel pretty dumb for missing that haha