PDA

View Full Version : dn-mc6000 help

rain91
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
just got my unit in the other day. loaded up traktor pro (1.2.7) and it seems like its acting a little buggy. volume faders do not work, cross fader does not work, levels dont seem to be responding correctly, and when i load 4 tracks only track A will play any sound. (only playing 1 track but both are lit and the LEDs dont seem to be working correctly. used traktor pro's pre-made mapping for it and ive also tried traktor bible's (very last one on the page) most of the buttons and knobs are working (jog wheel, eq's, efx, cues)

i feel like getting traktor pro 2 would solve all my problems but if possible i rather stick to 1 because 2 just seems over whelming and i rather just stick to the basics of traktor right now.

i feel like the firmware on denon's website is for t2.

if its possible, if anyone out there is using a dn-mc6000 with traktor 1.2.7 and has a working map and wouldnt mind passing it to me? or if i could get some support from you guys. thanks in advance !

DjAaron
03-29-2012, 04:03 PM
I was running my denon with TP2 and just used the .tsi from denons site. I haven't used it for T1 but in TP2 it runs perfectly. I would just go ahead and try the .tsi file from denons site and see how it does.

rain91
03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
tried up****** the firmware, holding back + forward + shift, and then my laptop crashes ....

ampnation
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Did you try using it with the included LE version first? That might tell you if it is the unit itself, but yeah, sounds like a midi map problem.

rain91
03-29-2012, 10:51 PM
i bought traktor pro separately before i got the unit, and i bought it used from guitar center

ampnation
03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
My point is. sure you want to use the full Pro software, but if you install the LE version ALSO and try hooking that up JUST FOR TESTING PURPOSES that should tell you if it is the unit or compatibility. You can then uninstall the LE version and move forward with the appropriate plan of attack like getting the mappings that work with your unit, upgrading your Pro version, or returning the unit.

rain91
03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
@ aaron - i tried using the traktor 2 .tsi file, obviously nothing worked lol. but yeah ... still scratching my head. im pretty positive it is just a mapping problem. the master gain does nothing but raise the LEDs (does not raise the volume) and the volume faders are still not working. i tried moving around the switch to ch 2/3, ch 1/4, but im only getting some response in master, and yes CF mode is set on audio.

rain91
03-29-2012, 11:29 PM
@ amp - i get what your saying now but how can i go about doing that? how can i install/downgrade to the LE version.

ampnation
03-29-2012, 11:32 PM
@ amp - i get what your saying now but how can i go about doing that? how can i install/downgrade to the LE version.

put the disc in and install it. It is a different program right? I mean it isn't going to write over your existing Traktor I don't think. Maybe you could check that first with Traktor. It did come with a Traktor LE disc, right?

rain91
03-29-2012, 11:40 PM
if you mean by 'it' being the controller then no. i think i mentioned in an earlier post that i bought the mc-6000 used and i bought traktor pro back a few months ago. i dont have have a copy of the LE version. im from the states and i bought it in the states, so i think the cd that came with it has vdj

ampnation
03-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Ahhh... I thought it was the software that was used. Gotcha. Sounds like you either need to find the right mappings or upgrade.

http://youtu.be/9qbvXNgVbzk

rain91
03-30-2012, 11:45 AM
ok seems like i got it fixed now, just needed to switch it to internal mode in the back of the unit. now i found that i cant use all 4 decks to play. a&b have sound and everythings good but c&d arent producing any sound. I can control decks c&d but i cant get any sound from them or at least show any dB levels, any suggestions?

DjAaron
03-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Make sure that all the switches on the top are set properly and that you have the switches on the front for the fader selected to the right ones.

Dang it's hard to help you out without mine in front of me lol

Oh and you might also want to try re-doing the .tsi file again. Also if you are using a pc make sure the switch on the back is put on it. Mine was on mac and some functions wouldn't work. Also make sure the input routing in the traktor settings for decks c&d are on the right settings also

rain91
04-01-2012, 12:36 AM
yea i found out i have to play around with the switches, just some getting use to =P thanks ! as far as i know now everything works haha

DjAaron
04-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice! Have fun with it!