PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time beatmatching? Look Here

M!TCH
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
So...I thought we had a beatmatching tutorial (too lazy to look for it) but anyways, I was teaching my buddy how to beatmatch and he was having a lot of difficulty. I had some seriously simple minimal house going and he had a hard time. I hopped onto Reason and spent a few minutes creating four different tracks that have either two or three instruments. They are each 64 bars, there is a 128A & 128B, 130A & 130B, and 132A & 132B. I did those so that he could start off with the Kick-Snare 128A on one deck and 128A on the second deck so he'd get the feeling of knowing when they are perfectly matched up, then he could use 128A & 128B to have a small change up on sounds, then after that he could use 128A or B and 130A or B so he could get an idea on pitch bending with different BPMs.

This set of tracks is EXTREMELY simple and not meant to be played for anything other than helping people learn how to do it. Please report back and let me know if this helped you or if someone wants to include it in another thread. I haven't seen anyone else do this so I apologize if something similar is already posted.

Download from DropBox & then Unzip (http://db.tt/sg6OCsgK)