PDA

View Full Version : Headphones, nailed it down, now i need help of DJF to pick the perfect match...

noize_unit
03-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey Guys an Gals,

So on my hunt for new headphones as the cheapo pair of Sony MDR-V500 still work but not very accurate on sound (muddy and unclear, they were only 30 bucks). So now to find the right headphones, i've narrowed it down to HDJ-2000 (since i can get em for 200, wanted the 2000k's but not worth another 120 for the color black :freak:), XD2-53 (since their new im not sure if the comfort or padding changed, or something), or the V-Moda Crossfade LP (or LP2, not sure if the LP2 are worth the extra 100). i like the HD25 -II from sennheiser but i like over the ear style not on ear. if there are some others that would walk circles around these choices let me know (in the price range of course, not looking to spend 1g on headphones or anything).

TIA! :D

DJNR
03-29-2012, 12:50 PM
All of those are nice headphones.

The HDJs are a little overpriced for what you get (from what I hear) however they do sound very good.

I don't know anything about the Allen and Heaths.

I have also heard great things about the V Modas. Apparently they have a very flat response, and the only complaint I have read is that the ears do not swivel.

I use Ultrasone DJ1 Pros myself.

noize_unit
03-29-2012, 01:08 PM
thanks for the reply, ya im looking for a some what flat (not super picky) response, i know the pioneers are a lil bass heavy, also heard the vmodas are a lil bass heavy but thats good if its more on the flat side

Phil Noize
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
The HDJ2000s are fairly flat. The V-Modas are a bit on the bassy side. I have both.

The HDJs are my favourite for DJing.

noize_unit
03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
The HDJ2000s are fairly flat. The V-Modas are a bit on the bassy side. I have both.

The HDJs are my favourite for DJing.

You convinced me! i thought i might go a bit cheaper and save money for the thousands of other pieces of equipment i want (traktor F1 ahem :D)but gotta get a good set of headphones, i didnt want them to be too bassy HDJ 2000 it is now if only i could get the 2000k for the same price id be all over those.

Guest One
03-29-2012, 09:43 PM
How do those above compare to the TMA-1's?

bigmike3541
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I have had the XD2-53s for a few days now and I really like them, although you guys sound more picky than I. I had the popular hd25s for a long time (about 4 years) and I really liked those too. My hd25s finally died about 6months ago though so I was never able to do any direct comparisons. The xone headphones feel a bit more bass heavy than I remember my hd25s. They are also very large headphones--I keep them on the smallest setting and I'm a 6'3" guy.

The main difference in the new xone headphone model is that the cable is detachable. I guess the original ones did not have a detachable cable so if it broke they headphones were done for.

Phil Noize
03-30-2012, 04:57 AM
How do those above compare to the TMA-1's?

I've never tried the TMA-1s, but I've heard nothing but praise for them.

noize_unit
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I've never tried the TMA-1s, but I've heard nothing but praise for them.

Same, but they are on-ear so they are a little different than say the HDJ-2000 or any on-ear phones. but i believe they are most similar to the Senn HD25 II, but just speaking from what ive researched, never owned a pair.