PDA

View Full Version : DJF Interview with DJRockinRob

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Hello DJRockinRob,

This thread is dedicated to you! Everyone from DJF family will ask question as you are the most experienced here! DJing for 40yrs.

I go first.

Where are you from?

At what age did you start djing?

I request for a sticky as this will be a great educational thread from a great DJ with 40+yrs of experience. :)

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I request all DJF members to come forward with any question you have, this is a great opportunity for you to get an answer from an experienced DJ

Quentin Legend
03-29-2012, 10:21 AM
What's your IQ?

lol

Sween
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
How long did you intern with DJ Dennis?

DJRockinRob
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Hello DJRockinRob,

This thread is dedicated to you! Everyone from DJF family will ask question as you are the most experienced here! DJing for 40yrs.

I go first.

Where are you from?

At what age did you start djing?

I request for a sticky as this will be a great educational thread from a great DJ with 40+yrs of experience. :)

I started at 14.

I'm from Texas

What's your IQ?

I have no idea! Sorry

lol

How long did you intern with DJ Dennis?

I have no idea who that is. Sorry again!

Sween
03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
http://chauvetdjblog.com/2011/06/06/dj-profile-dj-rockin%E2%80%99-rob/

You don't look a day over 40... or is this a different Rockin Rob from Lubbock?

Seriously, if that is you, you look like you are a serious DJ... I think we may have even chatted over at DJ Idea Sharing... and I hate to bash on you, but WHY all the lies?

Are you just trying to get a rise out of people?

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I started at 14.

I'm from Texas

started at the age of 14 and with 40+years of experience you should be 54 right now. according to the profile posted by Sween you don't look 54.

What kind of drugs/treatment you do to stay so young?

DJRockinRob
03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Thats not me. I'm 55.

Sween
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Thats not me. I'm 55.

Oh, okay then... that guy looked kinda serious. I guess he stole your name because he wants to be like you.

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
The coincidence that there are two DJRockin'Rob's in Lubbock Texas is not very believable. Kill the controversy and tell us your DJ Business name?

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh, and I know it seems like you are being ganged up on here (I guess you kinda are). But you have made some very controversial posts and people are staring to take notice.

Quentin Legend
03-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe he is in fact Dennis who just registered under a new name.

"Have a nice day!" has been replaced by "God bless!"

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Some examples of his "controversial posts"

"Just get yourself a company name. No need to worry about insurance or registering your business."
"Subs are useless in my opinion. So for me they are a big problem I elimated a long time ago. :lol: "
"I honestly don't see the problem with these pictures or setups. Gosh you all need to relax :mad: " <-- on the "bad dj" thread
"I have the issue of playing the music that I want to hear and not playing to the crowd or get off track from the bride and grooms"
"Thanks for the responses guys. I got a wedding coming end of march here and I'm thinking about getting with one of the bridesmaids. After the reception of course."
"I got with one last night. It was so dreamy. " <-- follow up to banging bridesmaids.
"I bought my facade from this one guy. Sorry guys I can't say. Its a secret :) "
"A $1 per light fixture is good. " <-- how much to charge for uplighting thread
"I have all wireless up lights. There the only option. Using anything but wireless is truly not a option. "
"I don't even do unlighting. Problem solved! "
"I usually get there about 45 minutes before I'm schduled to start. No point in showing up hours before an event is suppose to start."
"Honestly I just plug everything into one outlet. Very rarely do I have to get a second outlet for my gear."
"Honestly I just use wired mics. IMO there is no need for wireless mics in the DJ world."

wow @ those comments.

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 01:49 PM

"I have all wireless up lights. There the only option. Using anything but wireless is truly not a option. "
"I usually get there about 45 minutes before I'm schduled to start. No point in showing up hours before an event is suppose to start."
"Honestly I just plug everything into one outlet. Very rarely do I have to get a second outlet for my gear."
"Honestly I just use wired mics. IMO there is no need for wireless mics in the DJ world."

wow @ those comments.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Wait, I forgot to include these two contradictions!!!

"I do it all the time with my peaveys and have no problem at all. My clients often compliment me on how good of sound system I have. I take great pride in my business and mixing subs doesn't matter."
""Subs are useless in my opinion. So for me they are a big problem I elimated a long time ago. "

So he doesn't use subs but his mixes up his peavey subs all the time.

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Wait, I forgot to include these two contradictions!!!

"I do it all the time with my peaveys and have no problem at all. My clients often compliment me on how good of sound system I have. I take great pride in my business and mixing subs doesn't matter."
""Subs are useless in my opinion. So for me they are a big problem I elimated a long time ago. "

So he doesn't use subs but his mixes up his peavey subs all the time.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7141/ohdamnlol.gif

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
lol @ that gif.

LiteTrix
03-29-2012, 02:14 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7141/ohdamnlol.gif

ahahahaha I love those!

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM
ahahahaha I love those!

I have like tons of gifs

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 02:17 PM

"Just get yourself a company name. No need to worry about insurance or registering your business."
"Subs are useless in my opinion. So for me they are a big problem I elimated a long time ago. :lol: "
"I honestly don't see the problem with these pictures or setups. Gosh you all need to relax :mad: " <-- on the "bad dj" thread
"I have the issue of playing the music that I want to hear and not playing to the crowd or get off track from the bride and grooms"
"Thanks for the responses guys. I got a wedding coming end of march here and I'm thinking about getting with one of the bridesmaids. After the reception of course."
"I got with one last night. It was so dreamy. " <-- follow up to banging bridesmaids.
"I bought my facade from this one guy. Sorry guys I can't say. Its a secret :) "
"A $1 per light fixture is good. " <-- how much to charge for uplighting thread

wow @ those comments.

http://ot-upload.com/i/72988082690306491274.gif

Sween
03-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah. I really am beginning Dennis is back with a stolen alter ego from Lubbock.

Or we have a copycat.

I know for a fact Rob Sperna (the "real" Rockin Rob from Lubbock) is on a Facebook group (that I am also in) that DJ Dennis Clark is also in...

Coincidence???? Or do we have a case of DJ identity theft? That would be a new low for Dennis.

[EDIT - Dennis has left the group or maybe was removed from the group... maybe he has a vendetta against Rob? Loving the drama]

:popcorn:

RodneyL
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Impossible. He hasn't told us to Google anything yet.

Sween
03-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Impossible. He hasn't told us to Google anything yet.

He knows that would give him away and get him banned again. He's playing us. :ninja:

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 02:31 PM
He knows that would give him away and get him banned again. He's playing us. :ninja:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7Dysbqnh120/TssqzqOKzWI/AAAAAAAAIgU/_i9A1L5QAEE/w296/gifanime16.gif

windspeed36
03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Somebody grab the popcorn and choc-tops already!

fat8ack
03-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Two words- dip shit

windspeed36
03-29-2012, 03:25 PM
More stuff of his I've found

I've been at this for over 40 years. I know pretty much everything there is to know.

SMH. Can't believe this DJsteveray calls himself a DJ. What a joke

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
More stuff of his I've found

http://ot-upload.com/i/2PDkYG.gif

LiteTrix
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Frenchie fried frog leg is officially back, I think!

DJ Scotch
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
http://ot-upload.com/i/2PDkYG.gif

Oh snap..... my post got edit. lol owned.

DYM
03-29-2012, 05:43 PM
From reading all of his posts I came to conclude that he is too stupid to be DJ Dennis... that being said heres my question:

"How did you find DJF, and what compelled you to start posting your bullshit wisdom?"

Andrew B
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned. It was a troll account. Not Dennis.

LiteTrix
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Good. But how can you tell it wasn't Dennis?

Andrew B
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Because I know who it was. :ninja:

windspeed36
03-29-2012, 09:46 PM
...and now we come to the end of the interview.

We would prefer if you did not request a second.

Rothgery
03-29-2012, 09:59 PM
I say, that was NOT dennis. His grammer/spelling wasn't as fucked up. Even when dennis tried to act intelligent, he still typed like a retard.

Ntertainment
03-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Has rocking rob left djf2.0? I actually miss Dennis, it gave me something to laugh about.

KLH
03-30-2012, 04:48 AM
DJF Mods don't mess around. I hope the IRS doesn't hire you guys...

-KLH

RodneyL
03-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Because I know who it was.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/20023sw42yu4.gif

DJ Scotch
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
I say, that was NOT dennis. His grammer/spelling wasn't as fucked up. Even when dennis tried to act intelligent, he still typed like a retard.

:worship:

Sween
03-30-2012, 09:33 AM
A shame that Rockin Rob from Lubbock is a real person who was kind of being smeared by this guy...

Oh well. Good riddance.

[/Thread]

[Edit - Sent him a FB message, maybe we can get the real Rockin Rob on here]

Andrew B
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
A shame that Rockin Rob from Lubbock is a real person who was kind of being smeared by this guy...

Oh well. Good riddance.

[/Thread]

[Edit - Sent him a FB message, maybe we can get the real Rockin Rob on here]

Thanks, I was hoping someone in contact with him would do that.