PDA

View Full Version : The "How To Make That Sound" Thread

jaytoh
02-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Thought this would be a pretty useful thread to put up.

Since the "black out" I went out and got myself a Macbook Pro & Logic, so for one I'm gonna be asking a few questions from time to time. So instead of a whole load of thread's we don't need! Might be handy to have them all in one place!

ninjanutz
03-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey, can anyone help me recreate this sound? http://soundcloud.com/defectedrecords/osunlade-envision-argy

I'm using reason, but I'm sure just the right oscillator setup should be enough to get me going.

Thank you.

FarawaySkies
03-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I foresee many skrillex bassline request.

btw...ninja you weren't too specific on which sound your trying to make.

ninjanutz
03-27-2012, 09:58 PM
ahh sorry. The main bass/lead line. That 90s sound.

jaytoh
03-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Im sure there is a preset on reason with that sound, look in combinator patches

kidj fresh
03-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make that killer bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdzQPSN2FvE at 00:27. Is it just a midish/high frequency sound with a seperate saw bass? Also, how do you guys get such powerful snare drums, its ridiculious how weak mine are even after parameter boosting. I use Fruity Loops, and really only work with 3xosc being its the only free plugin and has no presets.

Thanks

Jason Cerna
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
learn subtractive synthesis. then, you can make all the sounds you want.

Tektonix
03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Hey there C: Anyone know how to do the saw lead thing in this? Panning and phasing and saw's and and voicing and white noise but I cant get it right :/ It's also used in Alesso's remix of heiress of valentina...... I want to use sylenth1 preferably

0HFYo1lenI0

Hygro
04-01-2012, 07:49 PM
it's pretty layered. There's a saw thats hi-passed, there's a lo passed saw. Something is distorted. Not sure if anything is particularly voiced. The attack is not completely immediate.

What do you mean at the drop? I was talking about before the drop.