PDA

View Full Version : CDJ Firmware

Finnish_Fox
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Generally advisable to upgrade if and when you have the opportunity to do so?

DJNR
03-29-2012, 03:25 AM
One would think so. Why wouldn't you upgrade? :lol:

Era 7
03-29-2012, 03:57 AM
yup.

5char

Tommy D
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM

^This^

Having said that, I upgraded mine and couldn’t see any difference...

Finnish_Fox
03-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Laziness.

Finnish_Fox
03-29-2012, 12:32 PM
^This^. Having said that, I upgraded mine and couldn’t see any difference...

That's what I'm thinking will happen. I've had my CDJ skip once or twice when playing a skip-free file (I double and triple-checked) from a USB stick... which is why I looked for a firmware upgrade, but none of the firmware fixes addressed that issue.

Tommy D
03-30-2012, 07:38 AM
That's what I'm thinking will happen. I've had my CDJ skip once or twice when playing a skip-free file (I double and triple-checked) from a USB stick... which is why I looked for a firmware upgrade, but none of the firmware fixes addressed that issue.

I would still do it anyway. It's really easy and take about as long as you would have already spent posting about it on this thread :tup:

Finnish_Fox
03-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I would still do it anyway. It's really easy and take about as long as you would have already spent posting about it on this thread :tup:

I know... seen the vid on how to do it and everything. DL'd it even... just back-burnered it.

shepe
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
im normally inclined to wait about a week after the fw has been released and then check the vendors forums to make sure there arent any nasty surprises then l upgrade

TooHypE
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Generally advisable to upgrade if and when you have the opportunity to do so?

Software & Firmware Download (http://pioneer.jp/support/download/index-e.html)

Normally is advisable if your experiencing issues/problems with your CDJ's.... but I usually update within a week or two and do check the forums for any issues... Forums/Pioneer Gear (http://forums.pioneerdj.com/categories/20003067-pioneer-gear)

iammongo
04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
im normally inclined to wait about a week after the fw has been released and then check the vendors forums to make sure there arent any nasty surprises then l upgrade

I always do this myself. There have been a couple of Rekordbox updates that people weren't initially too happy about. I also remember horror stories of people bricking ps3's when sony put out some premature firmware updates.