PDA

View Full Version : Denon MC-6000 using video

DjAaron
03-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey guys I am wondering how I would be able to do video with this mixer. I had one before but because of health issues I had to sell all my stuff and will be getting this mixer again. Now I am just going to be mainly doing a ton of family parties and would like to try out video. I am mainly going to have everything setup in my garage and make it the family mini club and was thinking of putting a flat screen in there to do video or just have graphics playing while I mix.

So besides the mixer would I have to get anything else to be able to connect from the laptop to the tv? I am completely new to video and never thought of trying it but since I have time now why not give it a shot :eek3dance:

DJNR
03-29-2012, 03:25 AM
Err... I'm not sure what does video + DJing other than Serato Video, which you would obviously need Serato for.

DJ Matt
03-29-2012, 04:01 AM
I use an mc6000 & virtual dj for video

All you need is a tv /projector or monitor that can take a VGA output from your laptop/computer

You can utilize the 4 decks to play backing visuals to songs that have no visual but it's better to use video effects such as "clip bank" or essential media

Good luck :)

MeowMix
03-29-2012, 08:26 AM

All you need is a tv /projector or monitor that can take a VGA output from your laptop/computer

You can utilize the 4 decks to play backing visuals to songs that have no visual but it's better to use video effects such as "clip bank" or essential media

Pretty much this. If you have VDJ all you need is the VGA cable.

DjAaron
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Sweet! I have VGA and HDMI. I don't have the mixer yet but I am ordering it tonight so I should have it next week hopefully. I will practice on my tv in the house since I am still in the works of figuring out the setup I want to do in the garage and for being mobile.

Since me having back surgery I have plenty of time right now to learn video and mess around with it :banana: