PDA

View Full Version : Martin SCX 500 DMX question

Johnnotestine
03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Is it possible to activate any of the scx 500 sound active programs when in DMX mode?

I have been programming scenes, but it would be nice to be able to activate the sound active at times.

If this isn't possible, how do people who are running them in sound active use them? Do you just put them on a switch? Wouldn't the power on/off take a long time?

Silver Man
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
I have the SCX 500's, but I never use them in sound active mode. I am thinking about creating a scene with it, but never have. I have only used them in the Macro modes (or fully programmed.) There is a "Remote stand-alone, auto trig" event on Channel 1 DMX values 69-100. That might be what you are looking for. Have you tried this?

As for putting them on a switch, you should never have them plugged into a Dimmer pack if that is what you are asking. That just spells trouble all around.

Johnnotestine
03-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Silver Man,

Thanks for the info. I would not use them on a dimmer, I plan to use them in DMX. My struggles so far with programming are that I want to simplify my programs and be able to hit a specific scene that will play certain lights in sound active. This seems to be more difficult than I initially anticipated.

What dmx program do you use? I am using freestyler and I still haven't found where my mirror speed is for these lights.

Synaxis
03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Johnnotestine,

I believe this is what your looking for:

http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_ManiaSCX500_EN_C.pdf&cat=65

On pages 27-29.

Silver Man
03-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Silver Man,

Thanks for the info. I would not use them on a dimmer, I plan to use them in DMX. My struggles so far with programming are that I want to simplify my programs and be able to hit a specific scene that will play certain lights in sound active. This seems to be more difficult than I initially anticipated.

What dmx program do you use? I am using freestyler and I still haven't found where my mirror speed is for these lights.

Take a look at the different macros that they have as well. They are not sound activated, but give you a quick hit for some movement. As for the mirror speed, you will need to change the channel default on the SCX500's, it comes set to 6 channel, and you will need to change it to 8 channel and channels 7 & 8 control pan and tilt speeds.

I am using (the now defunct) PCDJ DMX. It is a great program, but I am just turned off of PCDJ all together as they really don't develop their own programs, just repackage others. The Software is build off of a product called Blue Light http://www.innovateshowcontrols.com/. It is a good product and allows me to run 4 different chase sequences at the same time from the live panel. This is good because I can put my SCX 500's on one chase, my LED Pars on a second, my Hazer on a 3rd, and then a 4th for other specialty lights. It also has 4 triggers for just on and off switches which is also nice for specialty lights.