PDA

View Full Version : 2 channel, 3 channel, 4 channel and so on, mixers

fueledbymusic
02-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Why do some people prefer 2 channel mixers, 3 channel and so on.

Who are 2 channel mixers good/great for?
3 channels good for, 4 channels and so on

Well, for myself. I had a 3 channel mixer before. It was convenient to hook my mp3 player in the center, along with my computer. I can "toggle" between them via the switch.
And of course its convenient to dedicate the left and right channel for my CD players.

But now I have a 2 channel mixer. By choice though. I like the idea of a 2 channel mixer. It's more simpler, which I like. And found that rarely even blend in all 3 channels anyhow!

What about someone who wants to use several mics?

allensmusic
02-04-2015, 12:47 AM
If I need several mics I bring a separate mixer with more channels. my largest mixer is a 32 channel Allen and Heath.

LJay
02-04-2015, 01:51 AM
I don't ever use more than 2 channels at a time, so 2 channels is enough for me. If I need 2 mics, I use a mixer with more mic inputs (DJM800/900/R68), or bring a small Soundcraft Notepad -mixer.
I guess some people just prefer to have everything connected at once without touching the input switches.

There are also DJ's who don't use mixer for mixing songs together. So some "DJ's" don't even need 2 channels.

TheRabbitMonk
02-04-2015, 07:38 AM
2 channels can be for scratch dj's. less clutter and the faders are more accessible.