PDA

View Full Version : My new lights just came in

Ntertainment
03-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I just recieved 6 q spot 260s, I've opened them all up and i'm ready to start programming them all. This makes a total of 8 q spots, 4 will go out with each wedding booked this summer (mulitple rigs). I'm waiting for a couple of trigger clamps to come so i can hang them up in the basement and set up shows. Stay posted for pics!

DJRockinRob
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
soUNDS GREAt. I have qspots and love them. What are you proramming them with?

Synaxis
03-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Nice! How about making a video?

DYM
03-29-2012, 06:33 AM
A video would be awesome.. what are you actually going to program??

DJRockinRob
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
A video would be awesome.. what are you actually going to program??

The lights?

DYM
03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
The lights?

Thanks! I didn't know that captain obvious!

Now my original intended, what specific scenes do you plan on programing?

Ntertainment
03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Got the lights, and clamps put together, I have 4 of them on T Stands in the basement and i've made some really simple shows with ShowXpress. I Like showXpress enough, it's pretty simple, but i wanted to make sure i have my 3d image set up correctly. I'll have some video for you in a few days, you'll have to forgive the basement, we are currently renting and will be moving shortly! My haze is produced with a Ultratec Radiance Hazer. I'm not making specific shows for songs, except maybe sandstorm by darude.

Ntertainment
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I set them all up yesterday. I had to leave unexpected so I havn gotten to upload the video yet but here is my storage option for now. They r in a odyssey case. http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/main4502/ef16351b.jpg

Synaxis
04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I set them all up yesterday. I had to leave unexpected so I havn gotten to upload the video yet but here is my storage option for now. They r in a odyssey case. http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/main4502/ef16351b.jpg

Just out of curiosity, but why won't you place them all in the same position? Instead of having two flipped, and the fourth reversed?

Ntertainment
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I had a set of wheels go bad on this odyssey case, I want to distrubute the weight as evenly as possible, I'm sure it doesn't matter much. I'll probably put them all facing the same direction some day because it will be easier to get them all in and out that way. The case is like a perfect fit for them though, it's actually why i bought such a big case. I was planning on expanding and being able to store all lights in one case. I have plenty of room in this case to store even more lights, Currently i have two of these cases, each one has 4 qspot 260, 4 color pallets, 1 mega strobe, and a vue 6.1. I still have a lot more room available. It's nice to know i can expand when i'm ready. But for now hauling this into every event, with so much open space kinda sucks too.

Ntertainment
04-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Here is the first scene i've made. We rented a conference room for the day and that's why there is some equipment in the shot. Every now and then i'll have a work day and until i get a garage it will have to be at a conference room of some kind. It was nice to be able to set stuff up on an off day and putz with everything. I'm making more scenes now in my basement but won't be filming them until i get to set everything up.

http://youtu.be/DWYIQ3QDzFE

I've fixed the frame where all 4 are shining straight up behind the booth, sorry i didn't get a good video of it without that frame.

Synaxis
04-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Here is the first scene i've made. We rented a conference room for the day and that's why there is some equipment in the shot. Every now and then i'll have a work day and until i get a garage it will have to be at a conference room of some kind. It was nice to be able to set stuff up on an off day and putz with everything. I'm making more scenes now in my basement but won't be filming them until i get to set everything up.

http://youtu.be/DWYIQ3QDzFE

I've fixed the frame where all 4 are shining straight up behind the booth, sorry i didn't get a good video of it without that frame.

Looks Sick!

Although, personally, I would only hang two on the truss, and then have the other two on totems :)

But alas, that's a dream that probably won't come true for a while!

Anyway, Nice Job!

LiteTrix
04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Nice! Looks like you have some other lights up on that truss, what are those? Looks good but I think it would look even better with some type of wash.

Ntertainment
04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
The lights up top are 3 Chauvet color palette, 1 strobe and in the middle bottom is a vue 6.1. The palettes are awesome wash lights and have some minor eye candy if u look at them. I didn't turn them on for the video as u can see.

trauma11
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
It doesn't look so hot, but were working in the shop on a design for an upcoming concert. 8 qspot 260s, 8 Blizzard Puck Q6Ws, 2 Chauvet Impulse 648's controlled by mac running showxpress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPZw6l2oedg