PDA

View Full Version : Yorkville LS720P

edben
01-06-2015, 09:16 AM
At chrismas i had i small party maybe 15 to 20 people on the dance floor (For my family) i noticed something. I had my two speaker and the LS720P set at 12 Oclock for the speaker and 13 Oclock for the sub. Now the volume wasn't very loud (it was in a big living room 25 feets large by 40 feets long). First problème i had i noticed that when i place the sub (LS720P) like this SP1 --- sub --- SP2 i had trouble having and equal strong bass in the room (almost no bass at all in some place)... so i place it against a wall to try and correct the problème (it work but i would have like better). Then the next problème i had is that on some Deadmouse track i played limit light flash a bit with i dont think is normal for the low volume it was playing and the number on people there... So i must not use it correctly can someone give me some advice please :)
Thanks

conanski
01-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Sub position in small rooms is everything, get it wrong and you get no bass and finding the correct spot isn't always easy. When in doubt try a corner. Seeing the limit light on EDM tracks should also be expected, this music has the bass boosted upwards of 10dB above everything else, you also had the sub level boosted 3 or 4dB and you didn't mention if you had any bass boost added on the sub or your mixer so it would be real easy to drive the sub into limiting even at low overall sound levels.

djeternal
01-06-2015, 11:27 AM
If you have your mixer levels in the red then you may be sending a stronger then needed signal to your speakers. Typically I have my powered speakers at the 3 o'clock position (about 75 to 77%). Then I control the volume on my mixer and make sure my levels don't go into the red. If you need more volume in that scenario then you might need more speakers or better speakers.

audiopyle
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
What kind of speakers? Do you have them high passed?

edben
01-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Okay thx for thé input i had a 1db boost on the mixer really had trouble with the space ... Haha the lights on the mixer were not even in yellow :)