PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Center's Warranty Program

rocket's ass
03-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Ah the dreaded Guitar Center. Such a Corporate Entity...representative of such evilness and corporate greed (not to mention the perpetual sales dude that doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about half the time) but sometimes you can't pass on the prices lol.
Has anyone bought PA equipment through them and had to use their warranty program to get something repaired or replaced? How did that go?
Any horror stories to report?
I have to admit, I love the idea of having a place to take something locally if something goes wrong...

DJMC
03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I had really good luck with my experience.

It was that American Audio powered 15" speaker. I paid $30.00 extra for a two year warranty extension. What a great decision, as the speaker decided to not work anymore.

I called the 800# on the warranty certificate. Great service, they said a check was in the mail. I said "What do I do with the broken speaker?" -- Apparently it doesn't go back to the local Guitar Center..... GC warranty servicer was too lazy to come and pick up the broken speaker. So I got a check for $298.00 and I went out and bought another one with the money.

As it turned out, there was a loose wire in the "broken" speaker. Once it was fixed. I was able to use it and (eventually) sell it.

Dave Daschofsky
03-28-2012, 06:32 AM
I've had good experiences with them too. I get the performance guarantee on just about everything, things always seem to break right after the manufacturer warranty runs out.

fat8ack
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I love Guitar Center and it is where I buy 95% of my gear. I have Pro Coverage on every thing, but (knock on wood) have not had to use it yet. I have found there staff to be rather helpful as well.