PDA

View Full Version : Numark NS6 vs Numark 4Track???

SFD09
03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I am stuck with this dlimma...
I have on hold a Numark NS6 in my name and put money down on the case for it for when I get into town to pick it up in a few days. After seeing the Numark 4Track on Numark's website of course I would rather the newer and debatably better 4Track HOWEVER this unit will not be available in my area for atleast 2 more months. I am not often in town to buy a new set up so I am kinda leaning towards just going with the NS6.

Any opinions on how much better the 4Track really is? Is it worth waiting possibly another 4-6 months by the time I get back South into town and the extra cash? I know the software is dif (4Track having Traktor) and has a 12-knob FX control above and beyond the NS6 but for the somewhat rookie at this, will i even notice the dif? The build durability looks more advanced in the 4Track but most of what the 4Track has, I believe the NS6 has...of course most believe that the Tracktor software is far more advanced whick I am quite comfortable with Serato and Virtual DJ

Thanks

KLH
03-27-2012, 01:04 PM
You think that the 4Track is better? I've gotta HOP you in that. Hold On Playa.

NS6 all day.

-KLH

Gjhowe1
03-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I am quite comfortable with Serato and Virtual DJ

NS6 is for ITCH, why mess with a good thing? I think NS6 looks cooler as well. I have not giged with the NS6 but I enjoyed it when I demoed it.

Djsmylez
03-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Ns6...

KLH
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
If you're leaning on learning Traktor, get the S2, S4, or wait for the N4...

-KLH

SFD09
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
That's what I wanted to see people! Thanks for the input! I was sold on the NS6 but saw the 4Track and thought about the newer console but the NS6 does look sweet! I am not sold on the S4 (it looks amazing don't get me wrong) but I currently mess with the Mixdeck (Numark) and am used to the Numark products I guess and I like the more realistic jog wheels in comparison to the S4 & S2. The S4 might be a fair bit more than I can chew for now!
Thanks again!

Defiance
03-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd get the FX version of the NS6, I'd bet you can unplug the FX and have it run exactly like the NS6 in itch works. I'd love to see the FX section sold seperately so I could use my NS6+midifighter in Traktor (Ideally if Itch had FX like traktor and I could use my midifighter, I'd be in heaven)

SFD09
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Not exactly sure what that is, maybe something similar to the 4Track's FX package? I will research it. Thanks