PDA

View Full Version : No Specific Video Jockey (VJ) Topic in the Forum

navydiver
01-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I am surprised that there is no topic on the list of Forum Topics specific to VJ discussions. I can't believe I am the only one out here that exclusively caters to clients as a VJ vice audio only DJ's. Any thought to including a topic on this site for discussions on such things as how to best arrange video monitors, how to bank multiple monitors, large format projects, LED Video Panels, obtaining legal Music Video sources for various markets etc etc etc.
I think there would be enough interest in this to warrant a Separate Topic on the Forum splash page master list - maybe it's already here and I just haven't found it yet being a relative Noob to this site...
:uhoh:

allensmusic
01-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I assume you are NOT talking about karaoke?

Promo only has legal videos

navydiver
01-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I assume you are NOT talking about karaoke?

Promo only has legal videos

No Karaoke for me, however I could do it if I absolutely had to. Really prefer not as I hate to listen to bad singing and don't want to be involved in finding the next American/Canadian Idol :lol:

Up here in the "Great White North" (in my case the "Great Green North"), we have an excellent music video legal distribution service called Xtendamix which I understand may move south of the border as per their new recently updated Home Page at:

http://xtendamix.com/

It has allowed me to build a huge legal (up here) catalogue of thousands of Music Videos for performance purposes - they are quite big in Europe as well. No more getting discs of multiple videos with only a few that are worth playing. Now you can pick and choose what you want and build very quickly - I rarely get stumped by a request at gigs these days...
:)