PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass Newb Question that's Entirely Serious - Recommend a DB\Jungle Mix for Lifting

rchecka
12-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes, I'm serious,

I find that super hard and fast Drum and Bass or Jungle mixes are perfect for lifting weights or cardio workouts. I go to the YMCA 5 days a week and every time I bump mixes like...

Dieselboy - Unleashed!
https://soundcloud.com/dieselboy/dieselboy-unleashed

...or his Sixth Session mix, for example, and when I listen to these kinds of mixes I push more weight around and I work out harder. There's just something about this genre that gets your heart pumping and blood boiling. ^That Unleashed mix is really dope, if there's such a thing as wearing out an mp3 I wore that out.

Long story short, I need more of those kind of high energy\high speed\bass in your face mixes in my phone for workout routines and I am way out of touch with this scene to just start randomly downloading mixes with fingers crossed. The last mix I've bought on CD was many years ago, so yeah, I'm out of touch with this.

Frankly, I'd rather ask the experts, especially since it's been a long ass minute since I said anything here at this forum.

So hopefully that's where you guys come in.

Please hook me up with solid recommendations free mp3 downloads or otherwise (I'll gladly pay for great mixes). Links would be great. If you guys mixed something that fits the bill I'll download yours too.

Much appreciated.

rchecka
12-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Damn a whole week, 70 views and not one recommendation? Surely someone can recommend something hard, fast and strong for working out. I hear one lone cricket, what happened to this place?

I guess I'll add on here what I found on my own...

This Fabric mix is brand new and very dope...

https://soundcloud.com/fabric/bassbrothers-fabriclive-x-playaz-mix

There's actually quite a few on Fabric's profile (https://soundcloud.com/fabric) along the same lines.

allensmusic
12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
My only workout is lugging gear around and carrying my kids.

rchecka
12-27-2014, 06:06 PM
^I appreciate the candor, I got 2 kids myself, which is one of the many reasons I need to work out.

My turn for candor... I've done all kinds of drugs in my life, still do to a lessor extent, but when it comes to stress reducers, no drug (no high) beats getting your heart rate cranked from pushing your own body. Coming from a dude who drinks and smokes shrubbery regularly, a runners high is 10x better then anything and sticks with you all day long.

I'll keep it brief, but here's my 100% true story. Last January I made a commitment to lose weight, look better, and feel better and to stop being such a crabby dick all the time courtesy of being inactive at my job. I am still not where I want to be almost 12 months later, but I have already accomplished all of those goals.

Keep in mind, I don't know you guys. I'm talking to total strangers, and this is my first post in the Drum and Bass\Jungle section at DJ Forums. Regardless, I'm telling you for certain, if it wasn't for the Jungle\D&B mixes I had blasting in my earbuds, I wouldn't have made half the progress. There's just something about THIS genre, that makes you push yourself. You know what I'm saying, I'm preaching to the choir. It's about the rush, the rhythm, the relentless pounding bass.

@allensmusic, If you're here then you've heard these mixes that get's you amped up to push yourself, even if you weren't working out you were dancing harder or motivated to move, that is all I'm asking for.

TLDR: Give me the mixes to help me kick my own ass please.

Thanks in advance, rchecka.

Ellissentials
12-27-2014, 07:17 PM
I spent a lot of time on pre-prep for this mixset when I had done it. It's "themed" and the theme would be infection. I also created custom vox, and layered samples / effect / acapellas over this, to create (what I think) is a very driving and gnarly sounding 1 hour long mixset.

I'm not trying to spam, as seeing how you requested, here it is :D :tup:

https://soundcloud.com/ellissentials/ellissentials-infectious-60

rchecka
12-27-2014, 07:51 PM
I spent a lot of time on pre-prep for this mixset when I had done it. It's "themed" and the theme would be infection. I also created custom vox, and layered samples / effect / acapellas over this, to create (what I think) is a very driving and gnarly sounding 1 hour long mixset.

I'm not trying to spam, as seeing how you requested, here it is :D :tup:

Definitely not spam, thank you! It's an honor to hear from you man, DLing now. Can't wait to bump this, and an hour is perfect timing.

Ellissentials
12-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I have a brand new hour long Breaks mixset too, if you were into Breaks. :D

Please enjoy, share and I'd love to know what you thought :tup:

Jimanee
12-28-2014, 10:34 AM
I DJ a bit of DnB ( well more like back in the day ). Have only been lifting these past three years and I don't play fast music much when I do, I'm more calm steady focus. I'm also looking after my heart.

As for mixes, there should be plenty, may be Mampi Swift with MC Det :shrug: check out "One Nation" mixes. I've posted a DnB mix on here, though, I wouldn't pick it to lift to.

rchecka
12-28-2014, 12:54 PM
I have a brand new hour long Breaks mixset too, if you were into Breaks. :D

Please enjoy, share and I'd love to know what you thought :tup:

I definitely like breaks, and especially, in this case, if it's high tempo.

Regarding the mix, I downloaded it and listened to it last night and I am beyond impressed. It's the perfect mix, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I like how it started slightly slower and gradually built up and then, BAM! it was slammin. You have always made good mixes so I'm not surprised, but that one was exceptional.

Have only been lifting these past three years and I don't play fast music much when I do, I'm more calm steady focus. I'm also looking after my heart.

I hear you, it's a listener preference thing. I've tried laid back music, it doesn't seem to push me as hard as uptempo stuff. I need something that gets me amped up. Personally, nothing pushes me harder than hard ass drum and bass, thus this thread.

Ellissentials
12-28-2014, 02:34 PM
I definitely like breaks, and especially, in this case, if it's high tempo.

Regarding the mix, I downloaded it and listened to it last night and I am beyond impressed. It's the perfect mix, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I like how it started slightly slower and gradually built up and then, BAM! it was slammin. You have always made good mixes so I'm not surprised, but that one was exceptional.

Very kind of you :tup: I hope you get years of listening pleasure from it. I (humbly) consider that a "timeless" mixset. It is full of tracks that always get me going! Super glad you enjoyed.

As for the Breaks mixset, here you go. It starts off a bit slower and groovin', then takes you on a powerful journey. This mixset, is the only other "themed" mixset I've ever done. This is based around mental illness.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?45007-Ellissentials-Escape-To-Wonderland-60-minute-mixset-I-did-for-NSB-Radio
(^There's the forum post. Surely you can sort it out through there, but since this is not breaks related thread, I didn't want to direct link...though surely it's fine :lol: )