PDA

View Full Version : SHM - Masquerade Motel Miami 2012 *INFO AND LOCATION LEAKED

Rek_Aviles
01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
The date has been announced. March 23, 2012, Masquerade Motel is coming to Miami once again.

Tickets were supposed to go on sale January 12th but there were issues, according to the following post from the SHM facebook page and twitter account.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, our ticket on-sale date has been pushed back”

LEAKED INFO:
Due to a Want Tickets slip up, thats no longer up, it seems like multiple details from this years Masquerade motel have been revelead. This information is still not confirmed but it is very solid and most likely thats going to be. The biggest news that we can get from this so far is that Masquerade Motel 2012 looks to be TWO DAYS LONG!! The Rest of the details we found are below.

Dates/Times:
Friday March 23, 2012 – 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday March 23, 2012 – 3:00pm to 11:00 pm

Last years Masquerade Motel Miami was probably the best party (rave?) of WMC2011, bringing some serious talent to the stage like Armand Van Helden, Dirty South, Pete Tong and others. Swedish House Mafia had a 2 hour set, played on a massive stage which wasn't revealed until they came on. The sound system was insane and the crowd was beautiful.
Forgot to mention; Pharrell jumped on stage at the end of their set for the big SHM single, ONE. Didn't get a pic of this, as we started making our way to the back by that point. No space to move and hot as hell in there, so we chilled on the sand watching it on the big screens that were setup in the back.

That was definitely the best outdoor party I've ever been to and if you're heading to WMC2012 this yr, I would suggest you add this to your list of events.

Lineup has yet to be announced, so i'll update this post when it is. :tup:

Pics from last yrs event:

http://i41.tinypic.com/21orog9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dw4tq8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qbrc5h.jpg

Rek_Aviles
01-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Just read on a blog that they're having issues with the venue location.

UPDATE 1-30-2012: OK, so we found a tweet that gave us a bit of info as to what is going on with the event. Seems as though the event never got approved by the city and they have no venue. I’m sure they are working hard to lock one down, but at this point we have little faith. For all those who are trying to plan their week down in Miami here is a list of upcoming events from Want Tickets. Hopefully soon we’ll know if this is happening or not.

None of this is confirmed but the fact still remains that the location, date(s) and sale prices have yet to be announced. With WMC less than 2 months away, the reason much be serious.

:facepalm::err:

Smallz
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Missed this last year and was kinda bummed out about it. Hopefully I'll be able to go down to Miami again and try and see this show.

Rek_Aviles
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Missed this last year and was kinda bummed out about it. Hopefully I'll be able to go down to Miami again and try and see this show.

Might not be one.. UMF is giving them a hard time, as far as locking down a location and the city denied the permits for the original locations. :(

All politics and SHM has a ton of haters in their way. Thats how this industry is though.

Rek_Aviles
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Supposedly they found a location or worked something out with the help of Go Big productions, which through massive pool parties all week, so Masquerade Motel is a go.

Recent tweet on Axwell's twitter account cane confirm this, although the tweet didn't go into specifics. Hopefully info will be released sometime next week.

Smallz
02-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Supposedly they found a location or worked something out with the help of Go Big productions, which through massive pool parties all week, so Masquerade Motel is a go.

Recent tweet on Axwell's twitter account cane confirm this, although the tweet didn't go into specifics. Hopefully info will be released sometime next week.

Tickets are going on sale tomorrow! I'm excited.

Now to convince my friends who are going on spring break with me to tag along.

Rek_Aviles
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM
forgot to post ticket sale info.... Seems to have been sold out already. They released tix last night and this morning, so maybe there's another wave to come.

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/97327/Masquerade-Motel-Miami/

*I grabbed mines* :D

Rek_Aviles
02-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Venue
GRAND CENTRAL PARK MIAMI
DOWNTOWN MIAMI, FL

Date
Friday, Mar 23, 2012
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Swedish House Mafia with special guest Calvin Harris and more to be announced soon!

Public on-sale: 2/17 @ 10am ET

Join Swedish House Mafia for their second annual Masquerade Motel event!

The show will be from 3PM-11PM.

RAIN OR SHINE. NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES

21 ONLY. VALID ID REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.

Smallz
02-17-2012, 03:44 PM
wow. that was quick.

drats....$125 was a little too pricey for me anyways

Rek_Aviles
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Rumor mill: talks of a Saturday party.

Atomisk
02-17-2012, 04:09 PM
All politics and SHM has a ton of haters in their way. Thats how this industry is though.

Lol SHM is like the king of haters after Guetta. I wish I could go. My roommate is going down to WMC, but it doesn't fall in time with our spring break.

Rek_Aviles
02-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I don' tthink anyone takes more crap than Guetta. :lol:

Atomisk
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I don' tthink anyone takes more crap than Guetta. :lol:

Oh yeah for sure. Deadmau5 is definitely up there too. What pisses me off is when people say "SHM sold out with Save the world, they should go back to leave the world behind". If you look at them the songs are extremely similar...

Rek_Aviles
02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah for sure. Deadmau5 is definitely up there too. What pisses me off is when people say "SHM sold out with Save the world, they should go back to leave the world behind". If you look at them the songs are extremely similar...

I agree. I do wish Axwell would take it back to his earlier yrs. He's very border-line trance now, but tracks are epic, so I'm not complaining.

As for save the world, I think its the lyrics. Too cocky. :lol: At least that what I though when I first heard it.. That track had to grow on me a bit.

Smallz
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Is anybody going to the show on Saturday? I'm still on the fence because the ticket is way high.

Rek_Aviles
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
not sure, I jumped on Fridays show.

Rek_Aviles
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Saturday is still open, which can't be a good sign, since Fridays sold out in a few hours. :uhhuh:

Rek_Aviles
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Saturday is still open, which can't be a good sign, since Fridays sold out in a few hours. :uhhuh:

Also grabbed tix for Thomas gold @ Masion. Wifey (recently) likes prog house, commercial house so SHM has been her fav artist for the last few yrs. If it was up to me, i'd do Lawler and Digweed parties, but thats too dark for her.

Rek_Aviles
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Hearing rumors that they won't be able to put up a tent this year. Either not enough time had or permits, regardless of the reason, they had serious issues for this party.

Hope it turns out ok, cause the price was ridiculous. :squint:

Smallz
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
it's not like SHM to have this many problems for a show. Miami must have been a pain in the ass to get this all set up.

Rek_Aviles
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
it's not like SHM to have this many problems for a show. Miami must have been a pain in the ass to get this all set up.

from what i've read on Miami forums and post from the veterans of the area, Ultra and Pool party heads who usually throw the biggest parties out here for WMC, were the ones giving issues after everyone found out they were denied their original location. Some big heads are pissed at what they are doing, because they originally were setting it all up on their own and not going thru the "normal channels".

All alleged of course but it's sounds possible. :shrug:

Rek_Aviles
03-24-2012, 01:03 AM
It was a good turn out. SHM, if you like'em or not, put on a hell of a show.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/305635_10150617111846345_615161344_9403326_1242885 035_n.jpg

Rek_Aviles
03-25-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJKmkS1c9Y&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZ2N83plWs&list=UU71uAfQLLgSQlwnnMRoryrQ& index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd_BNRSdo3U&list=UU71uAfQLLgSQlwnnMRoryrQ& index=2&feature=plcp