PDA

View Full Version : Track Feedback (prog)

elctromn
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey guys - looking for feedback on a new progressive track I've been making. I'm trying to make it have a real big room sound, let me know what you think! The drop will ultimately be bigger, I could use some help making the build more dynamic if anyone knows how to do that better... thanks for any help.

http://soundcloud.com/button-masher/transparent

elctromn
03-27-2012, 01:15 PM
buump

thehadgi
03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
That's pretty good mane. Seems like you have a lot of good elements in there already. I would definitely add some hats and crashes around 2:15 though, maybe even a big hall kick reverse-to-normal to lead into the chorus?

thehadgi
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Do I hear a nexus patch in there somewhere

kidj fresh
03-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Hey at 1:00 definitely have some sort of crash cymbal with a tab bit of delay and maybe some reverb, unless you want that come to a halt type of breakdown.. and before the first drop on the last bar 4th beat, have a strong clap.

Also, at 3:15, the mix into the breakdown seemed to be absent, I didn't feel any sort of rise, or sign that you were about to transition aside from that reverse crash, but it came so late into the verse that it just surprises you.. Not necessarily in a bad way because the whole song is great, but it kinda, jerks you.

One last thing, your bass does seem a tad bit dry, only saying that because my eq setting on my stereo are all maxed and it seems like you filtered the highs out a bit,. This song sounds bright with that sineish instrument you use, maybe putting the highs back in the bassline, at least for the second drop could no harm.. I feel you on it but I always felt like the second drop was the master of the two and the brightest, sound wise.

But yeah that is all I got for now haha, great job though.

kidj fresh
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Any edits yet?

Divercity
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Dig it man. Done a great job!!

I agree with adding the hats etc though. Give it a lil something :)
Question though, How did you get the down pitch on the synth? Ive heard it a few times but never really tried to figure it out. Sounds good though man!