PDA

View Full Version : Traktor pitch question

DJNR
03-26-2012, 04:40 PM
I just recently sold my S4 and went back to using Traktor with a soundcard (DJM-900) and my Technics MK5. I DJ mostly Electo House and Dubstep, and sometimes I like to slow the track down from 130 to 70 (or 140) and since the S4 had an adjustable pitch range, I was able to do this. My Technics only have a pitch range of 8+/-, so this is rather difficult.

Here's my question: Is there a way to make it so that when I change the pitch on my Technics, it has a larger pitch range according to the set pitch in Traktor?

Here's the best example I can give:
I want it so that rather than every 1 BPM I go up on my turntable (based on 8+/-), that it goes two BPM (based off 16+/-)

Moss
03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
From my experience with traktor, I don't think that's possible unfortunately. You would have to go in internal mode and map a fader or a knob from your djm 900 to the pitchfader. (I might be wrong, but im I never saw that feature)

DJNR
03-26-2012, 10:41 PM
For some reason I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry I meant to post this in Digital DJing tools.

DJNR
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Anyone?

B3NNY
03-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I've never heard of anyone being able to do it, and I'm not sure how you could map that either, but who knows. Maybe something you wanna ask Karlos and the bible guys. A little OT, but you do know that you can beatmatch a 130 BPM and 70 BPM track on a 8% pitch fader, right?

kidj fresh
03-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I have the same problem too, nothing works for me except for quickly going internal and moving the internal faders to which ever bpm .

Era 7
03-30-2012, 05:20 AM
due to being a physical medium the pitchrange should always be +-8% on the TTs. however there is a way to adjust the pitch on Techs IIRC. at least it is possible on MK2s. not sure about the MK5s.

take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywHNX58S1A

DJNR
03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I've never heard of anyone being able to do it, and I'm not sure how you could map that either, but who knows. Maybe something you wanna ask Karlos and the bible guys. A little OT, but you do know that you can beatmatch a 130 BPM and 70 BPM track on a 8% pitch fader, right?

I know if I have the 70BPM track at 140 I could do it, but I still come up a little short (2-3BPM) or so. What were you going go suggest?

Andrew B
03-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm confused. Do you really slow down tracks to half speed? Why?

Konix
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
What you want is called pitch multiplier. The only DVS I know that has this feature is djDecks. Maybe VDJ does as well. But unfortunately not in Traktor or Serato (though it's been a feature suggestion for years on the Serato forums)

However, you can adjust the pitch with Traktor's internal pitch slider (go to set to Internal mode first), and still use your +/-8% range on your turntables (after switching back to timecode mode). So you can essentially speed up/down the track to whatever you want on Traktor's pitch slider, then still use your turntables to fine tune and beatmatch with your +/-8% range from the current % in Traktor.

mrkleen
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Why cant you just adjust the pitch range in your preferences?

You can designate it as high as 100%

DJNR
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Why cant you just adjust the pitch range in your preferences?

You can designate it as high as 100%

It doesn't apply when you are using an external surface such as turntables.

B3NNY
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I know if I have the 70BPM track at 140 I could do it, but I still come up a little short (2-3BPM) or so. What were you going go suggest?

Yea basically that, treat it like it's a 140 BPM track. Should technically work cause it does fit in the 8% range, but if that doesnt work for you , then I'm not sure of any other way within the program. Srry bud :err:

DJNR
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks anyways.

edit: gotta distribute rep first.

mrkleen
03-31-2012, 12:37 AM
It doesn't apply when you are using an external surface such as turntables.

Not True. you can use the software pitch fader in addition to the turntables... Traktor's pitch fader just reset's the "reference point" - say changing it to +8 in the software means you can go from 0 to +16 (as +8 is now the "zero" point according to Traktor)

DJNR
03-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Not True. you can use the software pitch fader in addition to the turntables... Traktor's pitch fader just reset's the "reference point" - say changing it to +8 in the software means you can go from 0 to +16 (as +8 is now the "zero" point according to Traktor)

But the pitch range as set as 100, and nothing has changed? Are you talking about using the internal faders?