PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need Korg Kaossilator pro to be triggered by midi clip in Ableton Live.

Don_Jigweed
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this to work. I want to send a midi message (note) from Ableton Live to trigger my Kaossilator pro to play one of its built-in sounds. I have it connected to my computer using USB. I have downloaded the most recent drivers.

So far, I have created a midi clip in live or (external instrument) and put a few notes on the piano roll. Midi to is set to Kaossilator Pro. When I press play on the midi clip in Ableton, nothing is triggered.

I believe that where the audio signal is going from the KaoPro is irrelevant because it is plugged directly into my DJ mixer.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thx

Don_Jigweed
03-26-2012, 06:25 PM
In other words, what is the appropriate way of configuring a PC and the Kaossilator Pro so that I can draw in my own notes and velocities in Ableton Live and have the Kaossilator play exactly what I have written into a this midi clip in Ableton?

Don_Jigweed
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I finally found the answer: Just FYI in case anybody ever needs it. The Korg Kaossilator Pro is designed to accept CC values, not note values. In turn, it is impossible to do what I was attempting. Happy mixing.