PDA

View Full Version : Track Stitching with Audacity

Zoukwave
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello,

I am trying to stitch together a couple of pre-recorded segments off of a DJ mix I ripped onto my pc from a cd so that the break between tracks is inaudible. After setting up two tracks in the software program, I zoomed and zoomed into the spectrum so that I could pinpoint and move the second track with the time shift tool to the exact point where track one ends. But I can still hear that break. Anyone have ideas how to make the transition seamless?? Thanks!

Hamza21
03-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Hello,

I am trying to stitch together a couple of pre-recorded segments off of a DJ mix I ripped onto my pc from a cd so that the break between tracks is inaudible. After setting up two tracks in the software program, I zoomed and zoomed into the spectrum so that I could pinpoint and move the second track with the time shift tool to the exact point where track one ends. But I can still hear that break. Anyone have ideas how to make the transition seamless?? Thanks!

If you zoomed in and lined up well there shouldn't be gap in sound. Sometimes when ripped from a CD there is small gap sound at the beginning and end of the songs you should zoom in further to ensure there is no gap. As well as if there a gap after you mix and render you can always zoom in and eliminate the gap.

Zoukwave
03-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks Hamza!