PDA

View Full Version : Vestax PMC-07 Pro VS. DENON DN-X300

DJVADER
03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Which one would you guys reccomend is better for a scratching DJ? I'm stuck on choosing between a PMC-07 Pro and a PMC-05 Pro IIWhats your opinion on it with some pros and cons?

deejaygo
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
The 07 has more room between the faders so you don't accidentally touch the headphone level. If you think that you'll be using the EQs, I would recommend the 05 II since the 07 has linear faders that aren't easy to adjust rapidly.

djpenguin
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Both are great scratch mixers, but they're also both fairly old. Is there some reason you aren't looking at newer gear?

DJVADER
03-26-2012, 11:11 PM
The reason I have decided on choosing those mixers because I've heard that its a really great mixer for scratching. Unless there are better mixers than the Vestax other than the Rane for scratching only purposes.

djpenguin
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
There are lots of mixers out there that are great for scratching. The 05-II and 07 were both great in their time, but there are newer, better-sounding scratch mixers out there now. If you wanted to stay with Vestax, the PMC-05ProIV is supposed to be a great piece of gear. If you want to go away from Vestax, you have loads of options.

Perhaps a better place to start is for you to state what your budget is for a new mixer.