PDA

View Full Version : How is the scene for getting a gig in Nashville?

djphader
03-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey all,
just recently re-registered my account. I've been living in Nashville for a little while now, and I'm looking to start pushing out promos and trying to get gigs again. Any places that do guest dj spots, and how much is the average you would make around this area?

Thanks,
PHader

g6music
03-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Dude- Good luck. As a fellow Nashvillian, I've been trying for 2 years, going to all the local spots, meeting the other DJ's and promoters, etc. It's difficult. Best shot is gonna be look for the smaller places (Gilligan's in the boro, The 5 Spot, Bar 308, etc) and build your name and rep first. I'm slowly in the process of that now, although my situation is a little bit different (as far as bookings are concerned). Hit me up sometime, maybe we can throw a party somewhere!! What's your web stuff? My website is www.g6music.net, and you can find me on FB at g6music.

Good luck dude!!

Synergy
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
What do you play djphader? If you are looking to get into the party scene, let me know :) there are a lot of ppl in nashville that play. There is a guy from nubreaks.us that lives out there too.

djphader
03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
i do electrohouse stuff, here are two of my mixes... I stopped posting my mixes because I didn't put dj drops in there. I've been told they are pretty good. http://soundcloud.com/dj-fader-1

Synergy
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
i can get your mixes out to the right ppl :) where do u live at in nashville? www.facebook.com/synergisticlove

djphader
09-17-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm near the airport, about 10 mins from downtown, message me sometime. I totally forgot I had written this thread. Hit me up.