PDA

View Full Version : Opening and Closing Song

bassin512
03-25-2012, 01:09 PM
What would be a good Opening and Closing song for the night? Taking in consideration of the Party or Wedding Couples requests. What would be your fall back or recommendation I would like to see the different opinions?

Thank you

Right now for me: Opening - The Wanted - Glad you Came
Closing: George Lamond - Don't Stop Believin
Closing is always a Hard Choice...My all time Favorite and I am ****** myself REO Speedwagon - Time for Me to Fly

Thank you

LiteTrix
03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
The time- Black Eyed Peas.

Seems to be a popular closer I'm getting lately for weddings.

sse
03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Not my choice for an opener, but a lot of weddings request....
"I Gotta Feeling" by BEP

Closing song...
"Don't You ( Forget About Me)" by David Cook

Icefrogg
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I've been closing out with the wanted-glad you came

Brom
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Once the special dances are done and the party starts I usually throw on "Brown Eyed Girl" or something like that. Gets the cross-generation thing going for a few songs and then get more modern with some BEP or whatever.

As for the last song, that really varies by couple and we have them pick that ahead of time. Usually it's a crowd pleaser like "Piano Man" or "Sweet Caroline" or even "American Pie." The most amazing ending I had last year was "Bohemian Rhapsody." Wow, 200 people going nuts on the dance floor with the B&G in the middle.

For my own wedding last fall we ended with "40" by U2 :D

RodneyL
03-26-2012, 07:09 AM
In the past, BEP Tonight is a good opener for dancing... I've also had okay result with Cee Lo Forget You, as most people like to sing along to that. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey is a popular closer. Assuming the guests are all mostly old enough to remember Journey. Im gonna try Glad You came next wedding.

pumpitdj
03-26-2012, 07:42 AM
At Weddings a good closer song it Hey Jude by the Beatles . For an opener song on the floor jennifer lopez

jazzyj
03-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Opening - depends on the genre... country: My Kinda Party - Aldean. pop: BEP - Tonight. HipHop/R&B: Party - Beyonce. Jazz/BigBand: Slap that Bass - Ella Fitzgerald

Closing - Many times this ends up being a second "first dance" for the Bridge & Groom that we pick out together; but if not... Closing Time - Semisonic. Of course, may not be appropriate for all weddings, but usually gets a smile out of people and gives them the hint too lol

DJ EZBeats
03-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm surprised most of you choose newer songs for openers. I usually open with much older stuff to get the older generation out there. My girl, or PYT, or maybe brown eyed girl.

Closing, the time by BEP gets great response, time of your life by green day is good too.

jazzyj
03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm surprised most of you choose newer songs for openers. I usually open with much older stuff to get the older generation out there. My girl, or PYT, or maybe brown eyed girl.

Closing, the time by BEP gets great response, time of your life by green day is good too.

That would work good too. I usually don't do the older stuff til a few songs in. Get the youngins out there dancing, then slide into motown and let the youngins take a break n get them old folks out there hopping :) lol

DJ Que Yi
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
For the weddings I have done after the special songs everyone is ready to party so I kick it off with a line dance like The Wobble or The Cupid Shuffle the transition into Before I Let Go or Candy just to get the older guests moving before they conk out from sitting through a wedding, dinner, and special songs.

By the time I get to the close the B&G have already left the reception so it depends on what the guest are vibing on. My closers are totally random based on what crowd is feeling unless the B&G have requested something special. After I play the closer and make the final announcement and thank you's I lower the volume and cool down with classic Jazz-Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

Icefrogg
03-26-2012, 09:29 AM
I've been closing out with the wanted-glad you came

I didn't read but I thought this just meant in general, because I close out the night at the bar I gig at with that song....I've done it at a wedding recently as well. but for the most part I start the wedding off with the slower stuff and move into the faster newer stuff. I did a wedding saturday and closed it out with pitbull-give me everything

Sween
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Ending usually with Party Rock or Sexy and I know it... but also use Take Me Home Tonight or Don't Stop Believing.

Opening with an Oldies song, usually Temptations or something.

Djsmylez
03-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm in new Orleans... Closing song is always second line stuff... "do whatcha wanna"

Opening? Some line dances...

WingMan
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Bar scene closer - King of the Road. It's not a sing along type song and the owners are anxious to get everybody out.
Wedding - Whatever the bride and groom request as its the end of THEIR evening and get one last chance to spend it together on the dance floor after meddling with their guests and all the other pre-arranged events throughout the night.

I'm enjoying the opener songs listed so far, I've never really gone with one in particular. Just whatever I felt like. Sometimes its classic rock (Georgia Satellites), sometimes Black Eyed Peas. Just gotta read the crowd!

bumpyjonas
03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
For Weddings and Formal Events
Opening can be a
(line dance songs).. Cha Cha Slide...Electric Slide
Good Times
Brick House
Show Me Love

Closing Songs Random
Cupid Slide
Follow Me
Before I Let Go

DJ Popeye
03-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Hello!
I used this for my Mobile Disco on Partys,Weddings,Dancenights,etc.

Opening:
Wedding March
Sylver feat. John Miles - Music
Rofo - Rofos Theme

Clubbiators - Let the Show begin
Kosmonova - Ayla
Poco Loco Gang - Lets go to the Party
and my own making Jingles/Samples

Closing:
Paulchen Panther - Wer hat an der Uhr gedreht
Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod - Play me the Song of the Dead
Poco Loco Gang -Tropical Paradise
DJ Ötzi - Das letzte Lied

greetings DJ Popeye

SummitAudioDJ
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Most used opener - I Gotta Feeling" by BEP

Most used last songs - Don't stop believing - Journey, Give me everything by Pitbull or Hit the road jack by Hermes House band or all 3.