PDA

View Full Version : Anybody recommend cheap JBL or M Audio speakers for 300 USD a pair?

Happy Trees
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
I know this has been asked in variation many times over, but I am not sure about the answer.

First off, I generally follow the rule of 'buy better gear first'.

However, following that rule when buying more core elements of a new kit has taken my remaining budget down significantly.

Somebody recommended a pair of JBL speakers at 150 apiece, but they did not give me the model number.

I also read about M Audio on the deals thread.

My current speakers are not shabby, but I would not mind a decent backup pair that didn't bleed bass, bass and more bass all across the board and drowning out everything else.

My main room setup is Klipsh sub and JBL tower speakers, but I am thinking of something moreso to plug into my laptop in the bedroom workshop area for screwing around.

Ideas are appreciated.

electricsmooth
03-25-2012, 03:49 AM
I have the M-Audo BX8A deluxe speakers at home. I think I picked them up brand new for under $300 from ebay. They sound great and I actually prefer the sound to the KRKs.

Happy Trees
03-25-2012, 08:16 AM
I have the M-Audo BX8A deluxe speakers at home. I think I picked them up brand new for under $300 from ebay. They sound great and I actually prefer the sound to the KRKs.

Thanks for the suggestion.