PDA

View Full Version : Creative Vocal Processing Techniques

thehadgi
03-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Following up on Blueprint's suggestion I use my own crappy voice for tracks until I find a singer I like, what kind of processing do you guys think I could use to affect my voice? I've used distortion plus creative eq'ing in the past, and that's good, but I'm thinking more vocoder-specific or longer processing chain ideas.

Any techniques or cool plugs that could disguise my voice? :teef:

jonistaken
03-24-2012, 04:16 PM
On vocoders,

Never run into any one else trying this, but, I think you can get some really good sounds using white noise and vocoders, just hard pan noise and vocal hard L and hard R then use a vocoder that splits stereo to filter the voice through the noise. That should take all tones out of your voice.

I have never tried that technique with a voice but I think you can some awesome percussion sounds that way.

mostapha
03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish? Like most other "effects" in production, it seems that starting with a goal might yield better results.

thehadgi
03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
I guess a mechanical vocoder type sound? Hm... I might try to dig up some vocal samples for examples. but something to make my voice sound like a robot

mostapha
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
How about a vocoder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E75Gn8L9sRE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLE710ACC1F81A7DE0