PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video designer

Th3Technician
10-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey artists and video artists of deforms. As some of you may know i run a monthly podcast here that shows off the talent of the members. Keeping in the theme i would really like to find a member to help me start a youtube channel for the podcast. i haven't decided on if i want visualizations for the videos or actual edited video to go along with the podcast. If anyone is good at video creating or video editing please give me a pm.

niarta
10-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Use winamp for visualizations

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:02 PM
i would probably suggest just having an animated loop. you can get a better looking product than if you want something new each episode. video editing and motion graphics are very time consuming and high bandwidth if you're doing it professionally. someone who VJs or does generative are would be able to create a lot more material a lot quicker and would need less bandwidth as it would probably be SD not HD but the quality of the final product will probably be pretty meh unless they're really good (that's been my experience anyway).

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Kit that's basically what I'm looking for. Maybe I should have explained it a bit better.

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:10 PM
i could probably do a short loop. i don't think there are a lot of visual artists on here. marc s would know better though.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm also looking for it to be music reactive. I've seen plenty of templates for Adobe after affects. I just don't want it to be exactly like everyone else's. A customized highly edited template would be perfectly fine with me for now. I wouldn't want something custom each time because I know the time and effort it takes. I wouldn't be able to pay someone what I thought they deserved for a custom video each and every time.

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:20 PM
yeah, and AE person would be best suited for it. i don't think sound interactive would be possible with after effects though. i know it can deal with sound but an hour long after effects project is basically not possible. you would need a VJ or generative art person to do something that interacted with the music for an hour. an hour of uncompressed HD footage would be like a terabyte and compressed would still be several GB.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I didn't know that it was impossible for after effects to have large projects. Why is that?

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:28 PM
it's very intensive work for a computer and uncompressed footage is huge. normally whatever you're working on is broken down into shots and you work on one shot at a time. a shot is usually between 1 and 10 seconds. once all the shots are done they go to an editor who puts them together. once it's edited it's rendered out and just rendering the edited footage takes a long time.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Ah. Alright. So a vj would be the quickest option yes?

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:31 PM
would be quickest, yes. they deal with lower res stuff, i believe. the footage they use is usually already compressed.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:33 PM
But it would be a bit more unique than just the standard old template. Maybe the entertainment value would make up for the video quality loss.

Any vj's here? Lol.

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:36 PM
you don't really deal with templates in AE, you deal with plug ins. unless you're a hack.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I know basically nothing about after effects. I tried to learn it back before I started djing but ended up getting more into producing and eventually djing.

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:43 PM
i kind of did the opposite. went to school for sound engineering and now i'm a visual effects artist.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Sound engineering is what I'm thinking of pursuing, did you enjoy it?

kir mokum
10-11-2014, 08:54 PM
i enjoyed it but there are very few job prospects in that field and school is both expensive and pretty useless, depending on what you want to do with it. i would suggest spending that money on gear and books and learning that gear and probably apprentice somewhere.

Th3Technician
10-11-2014, 08:57 PM
I see. thanks for the advice.