PDA

View Full Version : IPR 3000 Internal pics.

unsafe8989
03-24-2012, 02:10 PM
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_114158.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_114154.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_114149.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110616.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110551.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110541.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110533.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110527.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/unsafe8989/20120324_110513.jpg

Thats about it.

Gjhowe1
03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
The size of the heat sinks on those FET's worries me. Would have been nice to see some sinks on the voltage regs too. How warm does the IPR get when you push it?

Just a word of warning as well, im sure you careful, but make sure you don't touch the board when its on, there enough juice in the primary caps to give you a nice burn if you short it and probably fry the amp.

Incognito
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Just a word of warning as well, im sure you careful, but make sure you don't touch the board when its on, there enough juice in the primary caps to give you a nice burn if you short it and probably fry the amp.

The same juice is still present for a while after it's tuned off as well so caution should be exercised period.

Gjhowe1
03-26-2012, 08:50 PM
The same juice is still present for a while after it's tuned off as well so caution should be exercised period.

^^This. Its probably best to just not touch anything in there considering the output from the amp at max draw can reach a good amount of amps, if that grounds through you its gona hurt (as speaker voltage is AC, just like sticking your finger in the socket)

On the bright side you really seam to be enjoying the amps :P Glad there working out for you. Im the same way, I like to take apart my new toys and see how they work.

Al Poulin
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
If I could say a few words about Unsafe8989 :

It is nice to see a young DJ be so interested in how his system works and how to make it better. Not only this, but to remain polite at all times (even at first when some comments were made about his setup) - it's just nice to see, as we usually get the opposite with younger DJs who come here thinking they know it all - and freaking out as soon as someone says something negative (or things they don't want to hear)...

Anyway, keep up the good work Unsafe8989 - these forums are a great place to learn from others, as we all have different experiences we have learned from and are happy to share. We also all have different areas of expertise as well. Someday, you may well be dispensing advice of your own from all you have learned.

Al

Gjhowe1
03-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Well put Al. :tup:

Incognito
03-26-2012, 10:09 PM
If I could say a few words about Unsafe8989 :

It is nice to see a young DJ be so interested in how his system works and how to make it better. Not only this, but to remain polite at all times (even at first when some comments were made about his setup) - it's just nice to see, as we usually get the opposite with younger DJs who come here thinking they know it all - and freaking out as soon as someone says something negative (or things they don't want to hear)...

Anyway, keep up the good work Unsafe8989 - these forums are a great place to learn from others, as we all have different experieces we have lerned from and are happy to share and different areas of specialty as well. Someday, you may well be dispensing advice of your own from all you have learned.

Al

Yes Al, he reminds me a lot of Monomer when he first started out on DJF 1.0 & he stuck with it & look at Monomer now....

djscrizzle
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes Al, he reminds me a lot of Monomer when he first started out on DJF 1.0 & he stuck with it & look at Monomer now....

Or myself for that matter...Been on DJF pretty much my whole DJ career - sine 1/2004, and stanton's forums before that (6-2003 till 1-2004)

PS: I do remember Monomer's early days on DJF as well... We've all come so very far in 8 years' time!

unsafe8989
03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes , Thanks Al and every one else. These amps Amazingly dont even get warm to the touch, I have a gig this Friday so I will let you all know.how it goes. :) I had a bad start in djf 1.0 if you guys remember about Marathon products LOL. Im the type of person who asks questions about their mistakes and corrects them. But I do tend to argue for what I believe. Well thanks Al for that and all you guys. Have a nice day.

-Jose

Al Poulin
03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I recently convinced a fellow DJ to switch to these lightweight IPR amps (he is almost 60 and has back problems). He has been VERY happy with them and still can't believe how light they are while putting out the power that they do.

Al

unsafe8989
03-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I recently convinced a fellow DJ to switch to these lightweight IPR amps (he is almost 60 and has back problems). He has been VERY happy with them and still can't believe how light they are while putting out the power that they do.

Al

I am Extremely Happy with the IPR series amplifiers ,It has less parts then my Marathon amp yet has 10X's the power. The weight is unbelievable. I can't wait for the 7500's going to swoop one up wheb they hit the streets. Thanks Al.

-Jose

djscrizzle
03-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Still cant believe that technology has came this far! One of Peavey's early hits, the CS800 weighs 50Lbs easily. And 35 of that is the huge power supply transformer.

Thanks to switching power supplies and extremely advanced semiconductors, these amps weigh like nothing at all! Personally, I'd rather see some larger heat sinks on the output devices, however, it looks as though Peavey has engineered to what's required.

Gjhowe1
03-27-2012, 09:23 AM
How does the sound quality on these compare with other amps? Id be curious to see a side by side with some other amps in the price range.

unsafe8989
03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
How does the sound quality on these compare with other amps? Id be curious to see a side by side with some other amps in the price range.

I wouldn't say compare I would say exceed. If you have ever heard a QSC 2450 You get the exact Power audible, LEDHED I think sorry if i misspelled had competition Between a IPR 3000 and QSC RMX2450 Annd surprisingly the IPR won.

Al Poulin
03-27-2012, 09:36 AM

All amps generally sound the same. ;)

Amplifiers amplify a signal - they do not modify it. (except those with DSP or EQ options)

The only time two amplifiers will sound different is once driven into limiting/clipping AND/OR when driving subs / low impedance loads. Some amps (or amp types) are better at driving subs continuously than others.

Other than that, a Behringer will sound the same as a Lab Gruppen. *It should be noted that when comparing two amps, you need to understand that input sensitivity and levels required to drive an amplifier to clip will vary from one amp/manufacturer to another. (you can't just set the attenuators to full on both amps you are comparing and say one is more powerful than the other
because iot gets louder with the signal you are feeding them)
Al

Gjhowe1
03-27-2012, 09:37 AM
WOW, well I'm defiantly going to have to give one of these a listen to at some point. Not sure i can (personally) believe a peavey can outdo an RMX (I would have to hear it to believe it), but if that's the case its nice to see peavey making a quality product, as not everyone can afford a nice QSC amp.

Gjhowe1
03-27-2012, 09:39 AM
All amps sound the same. ;)

Amplifiers amplifiy a signal - they do not modify it. (except those with DSP or EQ options)

The only time two amplifiers will sound different is once driven into limiting/clipping AND when driving subs / low impedance loads. Some amps (or amp types) are better at driving subs continuously than others.

Al

Good to know. I know amps are not suposed to modify the signal but i was always under the impression that some signal quality could be lost depending on the components used within the amplification circuit and that hum or buzz could be added depending on the quality of the power supply and filtering.

unsafe8989
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
WOW, well I'm defiantly going to have to give one of these a listen to at some point. Not sure i can (personally) believe a peavey can outdo an RMX (I would have to hear it to believe it), but if that's the case its nice to see peavey making a quality product, as not everyone can afford a nice QSC amp.

Exactly why I went with the IPR.

Incognito
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Keep in mind that Peavey has purchased a couple companies over the years that themselves produced some interesting products.