PDA

View Full Version : New Controller Advice

jspec
03-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Looking to get a new controller, been using a Vextax Typhoon and just not satisfied. I am looking for something reasonably priced that is versatile and mobile. I am thinking about getting an S2 but just looking for further advice. Thanks

ampnation
03-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I would jump on the current S2 deal where it's available street for $399, maybe less if you call the dealers. For a solid controller that comes with audio interface, balanced outputs and the full version of Traktor Pro 2, I don't see how there is anything touching it right now, unless of course you hate Traktor or need bigger platters like those on say the NS7 which is a Sertato Itch controller.

jspec
03-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks, I am leaning hard towards the S2 but I was making sure there wasn't anything better for around that. Where can I find it for $399?

ampnation
03-24-2012, 12:39 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-Traktor-Kontrol-S2/dp/B005K2RYA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332567019&sr=8-1

With free super saver shipping.
You might be able to find one with free shipping and no tax if amazon is taxed in Oregon (or is it Portland, ME?) Amazon is taxed in California.

And yeah, In my opinion, the build quality, features and bundled full version software are not available near that price if at all... Every controller I've seen other than the Kontrols come with a lite/LE type software, even Pioneer DDJ's and the A&H Xone DX come with Itch or Traktor LE and cost much more.

and since this is a limited time offer till I believe 3/30/2012, even if you decide you don't like it, you could probably resell it for close to what you paid if not more come April.

jspec
03-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Portland OR so no sales tax. Thanks!!