PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Website

Ntertainment
03-23-2012, 08:50 PM
With the popularity of mobile phones and ipad/kindle devices, how many of you have specific mobile sites? I've had a firm in town build one, it's very basic and straight to the point. There are no pictures, and the objective is to get them to call. When they first visit the site on a mobile phone it will automatically go to mobile site with the option to visit the full site.

Here it is if you can check it on your phone please do, otherwise it will look just like it does on the computer but fill the screen.

http://www.bemidjimarketing.com/ntertainment/ (http://www.bemidjimarketing.com/ntertainment/)

What do you think, worth it? I'm pretty sure i can handle up****** and changing the text.

pertytown
03-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Our site was unintentionally made mobile friendly. I just have to get rid of one graphic at the bottom that may cover up some text on different phones

Perty Town Music

Synaxis
03-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Very plain. At least add a few smaller pictures to spice it up a little.

Chances are that if someone is visiting your mobile site in the first place, they have a fast enough internet to download a few pictures, or are on WiFi.

Even my three year old Blackberry, not even 3g, can handle pictures.

And on your "Contact" page, don't put "Push to Call." Say "Press to Call" instead, or "Click to Call". Push is not the correct term and sounds awkward.

But overall, I really think you need to add some eye candy, or else people will close out very fast. At least on the first and "About" page.

Otherwise it is nice, although I do fail to see as to why a DJ would need a mobile website. I understand the popularity and whatnot, but how many people do you honestly think will be searching for a DJ on a cell phone? And if they are using an iPad, the full site would be better.

As far as I'm concerned, unless your getting at least 1000 unique visitors a month, there is no need for a mobile site.

But hey, check your full web stats to see how many mobile requests your getting.

Ntertainment
03-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Synaxis

Thanks for all the comments, I'm sure i don't have that many visitors currently but on my quest I like to be on the cutting edge. I'll put some eye candy up there and fix the wording. You honestly never know how lazy some people are and a lot of people are using cell phones as only source of internet now adays i just want to stay ahead of competition in our market, plus it was cheap to do.

Synaxis
03-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Ntertainment,

Yea, I guess your right.

Better to take that extra step and try to stay ahead. :tup: