PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop The Party Is Here VOL 3

CharlieSpriggs
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.mixcloud.com/charliespriggs/the-party-is-here-vol-3

I don't normally do rap mixes but I live in the "Dirty South" lol people request this so here you go

In Love Wit Yo Booty - John Blu
Look Like Money, Smell Like Dollaz - Chalie Boy
Back That Ass Up - Juvenile
Rack City – Tyga
Wobble – V.I.C
Ayy Ladies (Dirty)- Tyga & Travis Porter
Party And Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.
Ms New booty – Bubba Sparks
Shutterbug – Big Boi
Check Yo Self – Ice Cub
The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
Niggas In Paris - Kanye West & Jay Z
Oh My - DJ Drama Feat. Fabolous, Wiz Khalifa & Roscoe Dash
Round Of Applause (Feat. Drake) – Waka Flocka Flame
Hustle Hard - Ace Hood

Ocie
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM
fix yo link dawg.

CharlieSpriggs
02-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Fixed sorry about that.

Ocie
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
When you brought in Wobble, it wasn't very smooth, you just throw it in there. the end of the transition wasn't bad though. Not feeling the transition into ms new booty. I think it would have been better to just drop it after the chorus of party and bullshit. The whispering vocals with the shutter bug transition wasn't doing it for me either. If the vocals weren't so quiet then it would have been fine ha.

When you brought in ice cube it was good, but you let the vocoded lyrics go on too long. I wasn't a fan of when you brought in round of applause either.

Sorry for sounding harsh, just my thoughts man.

CharlieSpriggs
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
No don't be sorry at all, I need feed back. Good or bad...How else will I get better :) Thanks! Like I said I don't do rap very much so yeah

Ocie
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
haha i know what you mean. rap isn't a genre i mix that often either.

although, i did record one this past saturday, if you have some time, could ya listen and give me some feedback?

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ocie/hip-hop-anonymous/

CharlieSpriggs
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah my thing is I live in the south right. Everyone listens to rap just about that lives in my town. But I mainly work in ATL and around there. When I go out of town for the past two years to DJ the crowd has been all house-electro stuff or 70's-todays top 40's and its usually an older crowd. So my crowds are never consistent but whatever it keeps me on my toes I guess. I haven't done a gig since new years because of my day job. Once tax season is over its back to the dj grind!! I listened to some of that mix all the way I enjoyed it man! I will listen to it all the way though tomorrow on my way to work!

DjFloMatic
02-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Nice mix man pretty much all stuff I spin. I think Ocie got it with the only suggestions I'd say to fix...

my only other suggestion would be to shorten up the length of the tracks a little more with a hip hop mix, try and go for 2 mins max keep the vibe going better...(may just be a personal preference for me)

if you get a chance could you check my hip hop mix also..
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?887-Quick-Hip-Hop-Club-Mix!

Ocie
02-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah my thing is I live in the south right. Everyone listens to rap just about that lives in my town. But I mainly work in ATL and around there. When I go out of town for the past two years to DJ the crowd has been all house-electro stuff or 70's-todays top 40's and its usually an older crowd. So my crowds are never consistent but whatever it keeps me on my toes I guess. I haven't done a gig since new years because of my day job. Once tax season is over its back to the dj grind!! I listened to some of that mix all the way I enjoyed it man! I will listen to it all the way though tomorrow on my way to work!

yeah i get what you're sayin' dood. and thanks! glad you enjoyed it! i might post it up in my own thread for others to listen. not sure.

and flomatic has a really good point. hip hop mixes tend to have very quick transitions. a lot of more tracks are used usually. things to think about.

CharlieSpriggs
02-12-2012, 11:43 PM
FloMatic- You right man, thats something I need to work on.