PDA

View Full Version : Dubstep This is what I think dubstep should turn into - Excise Tax

thehadgi
03-22-2012, 10:43 PM
No wobbles hurr. Don't like. Wouldn't mind hearing more dubstep like this so if you peeps know anything similiar point me in the right direction

LOOK AT THAT PHAT WAVEFORM, LOUDER IS BETTER OMFG OMFG OMFG

:lol:

http://soundcloud.com/alanhadgis/excise-tax

ajit
03-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I dig it. If I knew how to review music, I'd elaborate...

1:10... nice.

Kind of an Arabian feel to it. Unconventional, but clearly you were going for something kind of unique.

thehadgi
03-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks mate :tup:

I Guess it is unconventional... I just like the heaviness without the wobble is what I thought when making it :)

Socks
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
dam alan that was sick!

thehadgi
03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
thanks socks :teef: i won't lie it started as a joke about how everyone just maximizes everything and only cares about loudness, but it started groovin a bit so i finished it ha. still god awful mixing though, the majority of work i put towards mixing was turning up the 'phatness' knob on sausage fattener :zany:

DJNR
03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
mixing was turning up the 'phatness' knob on sausage fattener :zany:

The funny thing is the first thing I said to myself when I saw the waveform was "he must have used the sausage fattener..." :lol:

Well done :tup:

Edit: Gotta spread rep :(

kidj fresh
03-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Can you repost this song? It was removed from your SC

thehadgi
03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Ha sorry, took dubstep out of the desc and link on soundcloud because I'm attempting to distance myself from the genre... nothing against dubstep producers though

I'd like to get into a genre I'd like to call 'heavy electronica' :teef: