PDA

View Full Version : Music Forums

Boomcie
09-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Would it be possible to remove the Releases subforums and place them on the page page, and then make the music forums accessible by request or moderator permission only? I think that would cut down on all of the music spam posts in the music forums. You can't spam if you don't have permission to post there, sort of how the for sale forum is but even more restrictive.

DTR
09-05-2014, 07:29 AM
If you see spam in the wrong section, please report it. It's not possible for us to check every single new post. Using the report function flags it up for us.

Just my opinion, but I think your suggestion would make the forum too restrictive. We've already placed restrictions on the sales and mix submissions, if we keep going that way it will become impossible for the new members to post anywhere. Also, moderators wouldn't be able to lift the restrictions on request; that would have to be done by an admin. It's an interesting suggestion though.

Boomcie
09-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Having to wait 60 secs between reports sucks, especially when the majority of a page is just release and mix spam

Sigma
09-05-2014, 06:04 PM
What they need to do is assign mods that are actually here. You shouldn't even need to be reporting that sort of shit. The mods for the particular forum sections should be looking in there periodically and handling that stuff.

Boomcie
09-05-2014, 08:18 PM
True, the house forum has six mods and it's terrible in there

Adzm00
09-11-2014, 05:47 AM
There are plenty in the techno section.